TEKsystems is looking for as strong Back-End Java Engineer to help support a global bio-pharmaceutical company located here in San Diego. The team has been tasked with one of the company's biggest and most ambitious projects where they will be building out a new platform in Java from the ground up that will support a wide range of customer-facing medical applications which are utilized by nurses, pharmacists, clinicians, etc. Required SkillsMust have strong object-oriented development skills specifically using Java technologiesMust have experience creating web services (REST)Must be skilled with Hibernate, JPA and very strong w/ databases (ideally MySQL or Aurora)Preferred Skills
- Must have strong database knowledge, but MySQL and Aurora (Amazon) are preferred
- Experience working with AWS technologies
Why this Opportunity?
- This position requires proficiency in developing real-time information processing systems, primarily in Java.
- The candidate should possess the ability to analyze and follow technical requirements, as well as possess a strong ability to communicate and work with internal teams and external customers.
- The candidate must be willing to work in a structured development methodology (Agile) following standard operating procedures that are aligned with Company's quality management process, including the production of prescribed quality artifacts to prove that good manufacturing processes were utilized in the production of the project / product.
About TEKsystems:Join TEKsystems®, a leading IT staffing, IT talent management and IT services firm, and get your career on the fast track. We have more than 100 offices worldwide, and we partner with over 6,000 clients and place over 80,000 consultants per year. At TEKsystems, we seek to understand our consultants' skills, goals and interests, allowing us to present targeted job opportunities on a contract, contract-to-hire or direct placement basis. TEKsystems' leadership in the market stems from our sincere and personal commitment to driving the success of our customers, consultants and each other.The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regard to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law.If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888 472-3411 or email email@example.com for other accommodation options.
- This is an opportunity to get on the ground floor of an entire platform rebuild where they are implementing the latest technologies, including AWS and AngularJs
- The product has a 15 year history and they're now looking to take it to the next generation
- Opportunity to get into the medical domain where you're creating a product that has significant health benefits and improves patient safety
A little about us:
TEKsystems provides corporations with IT staffing, talent management expertise and IT services, enabling them to meet their business objective.