**Service Account Manager**
Key member of the EMC Customer Service, Service Account Management (SAM) team who supports our largest and most strategically important customers:
Assigned to and responsible for a specific area, region, or division with site locations as specified in account service plan, builds relationships within account(s) to become a support services trusted advisor focused on the total customer experience and satisfaction. Individual leverages various EMC resources to ensure incident resolution, drives proactive activities promoting system health and customer satisfaction. Provides detailed customer reporting using a cross section of services tools and applications. Collaborates with EMC account teams to understand the business strategy and supports sales opportunities. The individual will be responsible for basic account management as either part of a larger SAM team or for a customer(s) with smaller install bases.
**Principal Duties & Responsibilities**
• Functions as the single point-of-contact for service activities, educates the customer on EMC service delivery, tools and interfaces.
• Communicates relevant service updates and recommendations to both internal & external customers to ensure a level of compliance and performance
• Collaborates with EMC resources and customer during escalations
• Leverages big data analysis to provide customer environment insight
• Accountable for Change control management to ensure stability of environments
• Works with the customer to proactively identify and resolve potential issues to achieve high system availability
• Attends customer site frequently (at least two days per week) or as appropriate
• Provides monthly and quarterly reports to proactively inform customer of overall account status, including ongoing service activities, recommendations for further risk mitigation, updates on incident solution and progress of upgrades and enhancements
• Leads preparation for customer quarterly business review
• Interacts regularly with the operations team at the customer site
• Assists in ensuring accuracy of service maintenance contracts billing
**Elite Customer Care Program (if applicable)**
Delivers an elevated level of support to Elite accounts by managing the designated features and benefits as defined by the Elite Customer Care program. Ensures data is accurate in the EMC systems allowing expedited SR routing and issue resolution. Provides enhanced reporting and big data intelligence to promote proactive initiatives and system performance. Understands customer’s business strategy and objectives, aligns EMC offerings to customer needs and supports sales opportunities.
**Required Skill Set**
• Builds relationships and effective networks
• Ability to influence cross functionally and in a matrix environment
• Strong communication skills (written, verbal and listening)
• Complex problem solving
• Possesses operational command of the business
• Possesses strong product/technology/industry knowledge
• Education & Experience Required
• Bachelors (Non – Technical)
• EMC Proven Professional Certification (desired)
• ITIL Foundation (desired)
• 5 years relevant experience (customer facing, large accounts, industry related)
When you choose our company, you join a diverse world of innovative thought leaders. At our core is a commitment to workplace diversity, the sustainability of our planet, and community corporate involvement. We offer highly competitive salaries, bonus programs, world-class benefits, and unparalleled growth and development opportunities-all to create a compelling and rewarding work environment.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, genetics, or citizenship status (when otherwise legally authorized to work) and will not be discriminated against on the basis of such characteristics or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. We encourage applicants of all ages.
**Critical Hiring Criteria:**
Customer Service & Support
200 - STORAGE CORPORATE
US - North Carolina - Charlotte, US - North Carolina - Raleigh