No, this isn't one of those ordinary jobs.
Cummins is a team of dependable, innovative thinkers, who are empowered to generate and deliver solutions for customers, community, and environment. Our employees develop their careers through the challenges only a diverse, global innovator can promise. This is a collaborative culture where thinking beyond your desk is more than part of the job. It is the job.
This is what we call Working Right.
Cummins is looking for an extraordinary Service Advisor in Cincinnati, OH. As part of Cummins, we will add to your current skills by providing training, encouragement and growth within a teamwork environment. We invest in your professional growth by providing you with education and training opportunities to keep current on industry standards and products. You will gain valuable knowledge of the diesel engine industry and skills that will last a lifetime .
A commitment to excellence is deeply rooted in Cummins tradition of exceptional service. Our employees are dedicated to delivering the "Best Every Time, Every Day" with the goal of earning customers for life!
We take pride in providing an unmatched high caliber of service and support for Cummins engines, generators, filters, and related products that serve the varied needs of our customers. Crucial to accomplishing this is the energy and commitment of Cummins employees to the company. Responsibilities:
- Provide outstanding service to the customer.
- Greet customers at the service counter and on the phone.
- Manage the first step of the QuickServe Process which includes: initiating the work order by conducting a thorough interview with the customer to determine performance problems and services requested.
- Works closely with the Shop Supervisor to schedule diagnostics when needed.
- Communicate with the customer and service operations throughout the repair event to ensure all parties are informed of job status and expectations for completion.
- Work as a team to resolve any service issues for customers, co-workers, and the Cummins Engine Company.
- Review Work Orders to ensure accuracy for invoicing and warranty.
- Completes the QuickServe process; closes-out the work order and invoices the customer.
- Use appropriate Cummins Systems to accurately complete and document Work Orders (WOs) and time reports.
- Complete required training on a timely basis.
- Meet applicable performance objectives.
- Adhere to company safety practices and other policies and procedures.
- Perform other responsibilities as needed.
Education, Licenses, Certifications
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Prior experience as a Service Advisor, Technician or similar experience preferred.
- Prior experience working in warranty highly desirable.
- Excellent computer skills with the ability to write routine repairs and correspondence.
- Thrives in fast-paced environment with multiple priorities.
- Ability to effectively communicate with customers and co-workers in a positive and professional way.
- Desire to continuously develop and improve skills for high job performance.
- Associate degree or equivalent from a two-year college or technical school preferred.
- High school diploma or equivalent required
Cummins and E-verify
- Intermediate level knowledge of and/or experience with engine products
At Cummins, we are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer dedicated to diversity in the workplace. Our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified persons without regard to race, gender, color, disability, national origin, age, religion, union affiliation, sexual orientation, veteran status, citizenship, gender identity and/or expression, or other status protected by law. Cummins validates right to work using E-Verify.
Cummins will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to confirm work authorization. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit www.dhs.gov/E-Verify .
Ready to think beyond your desk? Apply for this opportunity and start your career with Cummins today.
Not ready to apply but want to learn more? Join our Talent Community to get the inside track on great jobs and confidentially connect to our recruiting team: http://connect.find.ly/cummins