Come join a fast-paced technology organization that offers the ability to explore many parts of the business. This is a role in the Information Technology and Services (IT&S) team that supports BP's Lower 48 (L48) Onshore Exploration and Production business.
The L48 Service Delivery Analyst role is designed for someone with a strong desire to help our business users achieve the business strategy on a daily basis. They love to solve problems, think outside of the box and feel a sense of ownership in their work.
This role will be the primary point of contact for all IT services, video/audio conferencing, and infrastructure technologies in our Oklahoma City office. Responsibilities include ad-hoc assistance for a range of IT support/hardware services including problem/incident/service management, ensuring minimal disruption to business operations resulting from IT systems, processes and applications, and supporting the audio/visual system throughout the office.
The broad nature of Service Delivery Analyst role means you will have exposure to a wide variety of technical subjects and information systems support. The individual in this role will have the full strength of the extended IT&S teams supporting them and helping them grow in their career. Key accountabilities
- Ensures delivery and continuity of daily IT operations, support, maintenance, inventory and administration of technology related services as required
- Execute against service delivery plans to ensure continuous alignment of offerings to requirements and increased predictability for the business. Monitor, report, analyze and escalate on day-to-day operational execution
- Align service-delivery capacity to business demands, while managing customer expectations and striving to ensure satisfactory outcomes
- Works with a wide range of stakeholders including technology peers, business stakeholders, and external vendors with the ability to manage competing priorities between the different groups
- On-site support for end user devices such as laptops, tablets, phones, and other periphery devices, as well as supporting/troubleshooting the software for each
- Manage L48 IT&S Business Services processes at the local level (ticketing systems, asset management/tracking, data management, local security policies)
- Troubleshoot network issues and provide onsite assistance if required by the networking provider
- Deploy new tools and/or services to the business with responsibilities around training and project support
- Manage local Audio Video requirements
- Troubleshooting and management of automation systems on behalf of central IT&S team
- Potential to develop/maintain BI reports and GIS maps in order to support data needs within the business unit
- Works on moderately complex tasks, projects, activities or support issues that require increased skill in multiple technical, social, and service environments
- Contributes to continuous improvement activities which help our team operate more effectively/efficiently
- Act as single point of contact for business customers and IT services
- Record, manage, resolve and close Incidents as required.
- Manage, record and deliver upon Service Requests
- Evidence of ability to operate under own initiative
- Working knowledge of automation systems
- Develop data trend analysis capabilities
- Ability to work independently between different support vendors/third parties
- Deliver customer value and create value cases that help the organization understand what is needed
- Actively manages risks including identification, mitigation, corrective activities
- Use knowledge and judgment to diagnose issues and problems as they are reported into the Service Desk and resolve these issues as quickly and efficiently as possible.
Essential experience and job requirements
- Bachelor's Degree preferred
Other Requirements (e.g. Travel, Location)
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication
- Hands-on experience with support, incident, problem and change management processes
- Self-starter with the ability to work within high-performing virtual teams and highly collaborative
- Proven troubleshooting skills
- Ability to manage risk
- Capability to draw conclusions from measured data and discuss with both technical and non-technical individuals to recommend actions
- Passionate self-motivator that thrives on results
- Work as part of geographically dispersed team, effectively communicating prioritized business needs and project statuses
- Strong communicator who can explain complex technical concepts to both IT management and business stakeholders in a consumable fashion
- Strong troubleshooting skills and prior experience in overseeing hardware/software systems
-Desirable criteria & qualifications
- At least 3+ years of experience in IT support function
- Ability to succeed in a fast-paced environment, deliver high quality performance on multiple, simultaneous strategic, value-added tasks and priorities
- Desire to continually learn outside of a classroom environment, and successfully apply learnings
- Demonstrated willingness to both teach others and learn new techniques
- Experience of working in teams of a diverse background with regards to culture, language and work experience
- Good teamwork and interpersonal skills, with an ability to work with people at all levels and across organization boundaries
- Certification in A+ or an equivalent combination of education and current experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the position.
Yes - up to 25%Is this a part time position?
BP's US Lower 48 (L48) Onshore business operates across a vast US geography, from Texas north through the Rocky Mountains. The business manages a diverse portfolio which includes an extensive unconventional resource base of about 7.5 billion barrels of oil equivalent across 5.5 million gross acres in some of the largest and most well-known basins in the US. Headquartered in Houston (Texas), L48 employs about 1,700 people across six states, operates more than 9,600 producing wells and has 70,000 royalty owners. Our vision is to be the most respected and admired oil and gas company in the Lower 48 US states.
Our Wyoming operations are anchored on the giant Wamsutter tight gas field in the south central part of the state. In the San Juan area of Colorado and New Mexico we produce from tight gas sands and operate the largest coal-bed methane field in the US. Our Mid-Continent operations cover the prolific Anadarko, and is home to the famed East Texas basin, along with the Woodford shale gas play and Arkoma basin. We also have non-operating interests in over 10,000 wells across the US with substantial positions in both the Eagle Ford and Fayetteville shale basins.
In 2015, the L48 Onshore is being established as a separate business within BP's Upstream to manage its onshore oil and gas assets across the US onshore. This effort is being undertaken to improve competitiveness and help L48 remain at the forefront of innovation and development of technologies for unconventional resources.
[ "04-Nov-2017" ]
A little about us:
One of the world's leading international oil & gas companies, BP employs over 80,000 talented minds in 80 countries, fostering innovation & diversity.