Additional Location(s) or Information: RTP, NC
Job Category: Services
Level of Experience: Experienced - Manager
Requisition #: R1017681
*** Must be a US Citizen and have the ability to obtain a U.S. Government Security Clearance***
What You'll Do
The Department of Defense has contracted with Cisco Systems, Inc for an IDIQ contract for the Joint Enterprise Level Agreement (JELA). The contract builds on the successful model of the Army Enterprise Services Agreement (ESA), originally awarded in June 2012, which holistically supports the Army's global Cisco installed base. It is Cisco's largest service contract, and one of the biggest contracts of any kind in the company's history. This position will provide vision and leadership in two areas - Inventory Collection and Reporting System (ICRS) integrating the associated Cisco production support entitlement processes specific to the JELA and the Analytics function supporting the data analysis, delivery and vision development. There are two teams already formed and supporting these two areas. The successful candidate will provide leadership to these teams supporting Cisco's JELA delivery strategy and vision.
Who You'll Work With
"For those of us who support the DoD, our business impacts the warfighter in the field who gets up at 'zero dark thirty' to execute a mission, and who needs all of his or her technology to be reliably connected. It can literally mean a matter of life or death. Helping that warfighter is what gets us up in the morning." This contract structure enables Cisco to bring technology, expertise and vision without procurement obstacles.
Who You Are
You should have 15 - 20 years of exposure working with the Federal Government managing services and data in FOUO, Secret or Top Secret environments. You are familiar with SMARTnet or product support services (break/fix); Services Sales and channel partner sales. The CSO Leader will represent the ICRS and Analytics functions within the Advanced Services Department of Defense Leadership team. This individual will be responsible for:
- Understanding the JELA Contract and our Department of Defense customer's ability to leverage the contract features
- Develop and implement a vision across analytics and our customer's Cisco installed base inventory increasing Cisco's value proposition with our Department of Defense customer
- Leading process improvement efforts creating efficiencies in how Cisco entitles support to our Department of Defense customers
- Assuming ownership of the ICRS and Analytics three year vision and how they are leveraged by
- Representing the Contract Support Office responsibilities and commitments within a peer group of DOD JELA Enrollee Business Owners (Service Delivery Executives)
- Creating and maintaining a CSO business plan - complete with budget, process improvement plans and ongoing operation definitions. This plan is to be updated on a quarterly basis.
- General knowledge of and experience with the Department of Defense (DoD), and subject matter expert on one of the following: Army, Department of Navy (DON), DISA, or Air Force.
- Prior military service with customer (Army, DON, or USAF) is preferred. Closely related contractor experience may be considered.
- Expertise is to include detailed knowledge of a specific Department of Defense MILDEP / Agency:
• organization structure
• common acronyms
• geographic locations
• chain of command
• asset management process (if any)
• procurement processes
• technical "refresh" cycle
• IT processes
- Expert skills in business analysis:
- Development of annual & quarterly financial forecasts, cost/benefit and Return On Investment studies
- Manipulation of data (EXCEL, Tableau a plus, comfort with database application concepts and data storage)
- Familiarity with the software development lifecycle process (experience with Agile helpful)
- Demonstrable skills in written and verbal communications with government and/or military customers, via platforms such as email, phone, video, etc.
- Excellent organizational skills, including:
- basic project management concepts, e.g., tasks, due dates, dependencies, resources;
- strong self-starter, can work with minimal supervision;
- strong level of perseverance to resolve issues, even if multiple follow ups are required; and
- tool skills (Common business environment tools - Microsoft Office products).
- Active or Previous DoD security clearance, or capable of obtaining clearance
- Business analysis in an IT support environment
- Prior experience with inventory/asset management
- Cisco collaboration platforms: WebEx, Jabber, Telepresence.
We connect everything: people, processes, data, and things. We innovate everywhere, taking bold risks to shape the technologies that give us smart cities, connected cars, and handheld hospitals. And we do it in style with unique personalities who aren't afraid to change the way the world works, lives, plays and learns.
We are thought leaders, tech geeks, pop culture aficionados, and we even have a few purple haired rock stars. We celebrate the creativity and diversity that fuels our innovation. We are dreamers and we are doers.
We Are Cisco.
Job Type: Manager
Opportunity Category: Services
A little about us:
We are one, big, techie, employee tribe that changes the world while having fun.