Adaptive Path (61075), United States of America, San Francisco, California
Service Design Intern, Visual Design Focus - Adaptive Path
Service Designers at Capital One are passionate about the field of user experience and are curious about researching for, developing, and communicating ideas for large-scale and often complex projects. Our Service Designers flex from being strategic to tactical and from being creative and participatory in the design process to pragmatic and analytical. They are gifted storytellers and connectors. They are an integral part of the design team and have a big impact on the work we do both inside and out of Capital One.
As a Service Design Intern on the Digital Design team, you will work closely with other service designers, visual designers, experience designers, and design managers to identify opportunities for positive change, advocate for the needs of our customers, support the work from empathy to iteration, and help communicate the benefit of and deliver human-centered solutions to over 65-million customers. Additionally, you will support Adaptive Path .org, our pro-bono design for non-profits practice, through a multitude of projects that help foster the growth of benefits of human-centered design to others.
- Currently enrolled in, or a recent graduate of a relevant visual design, interaction design, or service design program
- Proficient in core Adobe creative products (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop)
- Curious about user-centered design, particularly as applied to both service experiences across touchpoints and digital products
- Problem-solving skills with an ability to analyze situations, identify existing or potential problems, and recommend solutions
- Strong communication and time management skills
- Able to work both on a team and independently
- Proactively fill in gaps and bring value to everything you do
- Familiarity with the human-centered design process, from research to ideation to execution
- Exceptional skill and craft in an area of design practice (e.g. visual communication, UI design, illustration, industrial design, interaction design)
- Experience in Word Press, front end coding, photography, and / or videography
- Confidence collaborating with other people and articulating ideas
- Passion for doing great design work and empathy for people
- You will obtain a bachelor’s degree or higher between December 2017 and August 2018
- A challenging role on an awesome team
- Mentorship with industry-leading service design professionals
- Networking opportunities with peers and executives
A little about us:
Headquartered in McLean, Virginia, Capital One® offers a broad array of financial products and services to consumers.