Our client is looking for an experienced Service Desk Analyst to join their team long-term!
The Service Desk Consultant will provide end user support of IT systems and applications. Events will be entered into our standard tracking tool. The focus is to restore service, analyze Incidents for Problems and assess Incidents and Changes for relationships.
Deliverables of Service:
- Service incoming requests from end users via both telephone and e-mail, adhere to a high level of Customer Service
- Document all pertinent information including all user detail, nature of problem or issue
- Prioritize and schedule events. Assign events (when required) to the appropriate Service Partner (IT Team)
- Record, track, and document the request problem-solving process, including all successful and unsuccessful decisions made, and actions taken, through to final resolution
- Apply diagnostic utilities to aid in troubleshooting
- Identify and learn appropriate software and hardware used and supported by the organization
- Perform hands-on fixes at the desktop level, including installing and upgrading software, installing hardware
- Learn the Service Management fundamentals required to function at the level of a Service Desk.
Service Desk Analysts will work in a complex environment supporting IT and technology-related business needs as part of a fun, energetic, hardworking team. Candidates will intake issues and requests from the client's internal global employee base. Candidates will focus on restoring service to the end users using their own skills, experience and training provided by the client coupled with established processes and procedures.
Additionally Service Desk Analysts will need to understand how their role relates to IT projects and IT Service Management initiatives. This includes understanding Incident, Problem, Change Management and other processes. Also, how these processes work together to provide superior support and high availability of our business. Service Desk Analysts represent the Service Desk by liaising with 2nd and 3rd level teams to help transition new and changing services. This includes creating knowledge and arranging training for other Service Desk Analysts when needed.
We are a 24/7 Service Desk supporting a global environment. Analysts may be asked to cover alterative shifts when needed.
- Troubleshoot incoming Incidents from end users via phone and tickets created via a Self Service portal
- Troubleshoot and document incident details in an advanced Service Management ticketing tool
- Strive to resolve 75% of incoming tickets without escalating to a 2nd or 3rd level team
- Learn about the client's business and the importance of IT to the business
- Learn about the client's IT systems and applications and understand how they interact with one another
- Understand concepts related to networks, servers, PCs, databases, proprietary systems, etc.
- Understand and utilize ITIL processes (Incident, Problem, Change, etc.) and how they are used in a corporate environment
- Extensive Customer Service experience
- Positive, upbeat demeanor
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently
- Creative thinker with desire to communicate and contribute
- IT experience in a corporate environment (1+ years)
- ITIL certification a plus
- Excellent oral and written communication
- Passion for servicing IT customers
- Passion for understanding all types of technology
- Multi-tasking capabilities
- Ability to grasp complex concepts quickly
- Persistent problem solving ability
- MUST have a two year degree (minimum)
Join TEKsystems®, a leading IT staffing, IT talent management and IT services firm, and get your career on the fast track. We have more than 100 offices worldwide, and we partner with over 6,000 clients and place over 80,000 consultants per year. At TEKsystems, we seek to understand our consultants' skills, goals and interests, allowing us to present targeted job opportunities on a contract, contract-to-hire or direct placement basis. TEKsystems' leadership in the market stems from our sincere and personal commitment to driving the success of our customers, consultants and each other.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regard to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888 472-3411 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for other accommodation options.
A little about us:
TEKsystems provides corporations with IT staffing, talent management expertise and IT services, enabling them to meet their business objective.