Location: Redmond, Washington
Posted: April 17, 2017
Reference ID: 1032162
More than ever before, cloud services are transforming the way the world does business. As you’ve probably heard, Microsoft is committed to being cloud-first, and with several multi-billion dollar services already serving the needs of individuals and organizations all over the globe, the opportunity to shape the future has never been greater!
Microsoft’s Enterprise cloud services are some of the most rapidly growing and strategically important segments in our company. Outlook and Exchange E-mail Service is part of the Office 365 offering, and is on track to be the #1 enterprise e-mail service in the world. The Enterprise Outlook Service team runs a mission-critical cloud service for many of the largest organizations in the world, including many of the Fortune 500 companies as well as federal, state, and local government organizations. We provide a distributed, scalable, highly-reliable service for millions of people. As you might expect, customers of this nature have the highest expectations around enterprise features, regulatory compliance, reliability and availability and of course about the security of our service! We are looking for a Site Reliability Engineer to help design/implement scenarios for these important customers.
• Design, Automate and run service scale features and customer requirements
• Design and implement improvements to our running of the service applying deep traditional Service Engineer fundamentals with an additional talent in problem solving via Scripting/Coding.
• Be part of a Dev-Ops team that handles and remediates customer issues
• Collaborate with partner teams to meet the engineering goals in a unified manner
• Contribute to significantly improving the customer experience and quality of service of our system to be best-in-world
• Bachelor’s degree in computer science (or related field) -or- 3+ years proven work experience in a Service Engineer position, or equivalent industry experience.
• 1+ years of experience designing, building, and successfully releasing software products, or 1+ years experience as a deeply technical Service Engineer
• Experience with building cloud-scale infrastructure components.
• Awareness & passion related to cloud scale monitoring and big-data analysis.
• Familiar with secure software design concepts
• Experience running large and complex systems at scale, preferrably with a demonstrated capability to automate the repetetive tasks.
• Proficient in the use of .Net Framework, C# and Powershell, or lesser proficiency of Powershell/C# with complimentary deep Service Engineer background.
• Experience with cloud-scale services and server/service management features.
• Able to learn new systems quickly and adapt new methodologies to our service
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings:
Citizenship Verification: This position requires verification of US Citizenship to meet federal government security requirements.
Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to email@example.com.