Core Services Engineering builds and manages the critical products and services that Microsoft runs on. We boldly pursue big ideas that power transformational advances at Microsoft and for our customers, while helping Microsoft teams work smarter, faster and more securely every day. Core Services Engineering employees have deep technical and business expertise, customer insights, and a clear point of view that comes from first-hand, large-scale experience with Microsoft and industry solutions. We are engineers, technology leaders and experts, digital transformation change agents, and customer advocates. We have exciting opportunities for you to innovate, influence, transform, inspire and grow within our organization and we encourage you to apply to learn more! In the DSRE division, you will be a leader for technology innovation and delivery for services enabling secure access and administration across the company and to the cloud, drive customer adoption of these technologies, and work with the product groups on enhancements and product marketing for Identity and Access services to enterprise customers. In addition, you will help to lead security design and end-to-end solutions to meet industry and company compliance efforts.
Candidates for this service engineering position will require experience working with internal customers, leading virtual teams, deep technical knowledge of Windows, Networking and Security services as well as integration of multiple technologies to solve complex business problems. This position is responsible for the design and leadership of development of solutions that incorporate the Microsoft Windows Server product suite in such a way as to improve Microsoft products, secure the corporate environment and deliver Identity management solutions to Microsoft and its partners.
• Solid knowledge of Windows server operating systems as well as Windows Server 2012/2016, and Windows Client; working knowledge of Active Directory, Networking and SQL.
• Become an operational subject matter expert on technologies such as Windows security, isolation and automation.
• Triage and prioritize operational issues and determine communication required to management
• Strong written and oral communication skills required with special focus on writing technical documentation for use in operations.
• Evaluate the effectiveness and validity of related knowledge base support articles along with any applicable policy/procedures and provide direct feedback to the article author(s).
• Occasional customer engagements sharing Microsoft’s IT solutions and experiences.
Knowledge, experience and skills:
• 1+ years of industry or internship experience developing, testing, and maintaining.
• Proven track record in the IT industry with solid experience in systems engineering and operations support roles interfacing with customers.
• Strong scripting and/or coding skills including one or more of the following: PowerShell, VB.NET, or C# Moderate.
• Deep knowledge of Microsoft Active Directory Services: Active Directory Certificate Services, Domain Services, Federation Services, Networking Services.
• Extensive troubleshooting experience.
• BS/BA in Computer Science or equivalent work experience.
• Proficient understanding of Microsoft products, software lifecycle methodology
• Ability and willingness to work under a DevOps model as part of a rotational escalation on-call team.
• Proven capability to effectively work in teams, collaborate, communicate, and deliver on accountabilities.
• Strong problem resolution, judgment, communication and decision-making skills
• Strong analytical and organizational skills.
• Strong ability to implement operational efficiencies through scripting, i.e. automation.
• Deep knowledge of Windows operating systems and networking.
• Deep understanding of current industry wide security risks against the enterprise.
• Security solution engineering.
• MCSE strongly preferred.
• Practical experience with ITIL/MOF.
• CISSP certification is a plus.
• 1 year experience with Windows Operating System or Server Knowledge.
• 1 year knowledge in Active Directory.
• BS/BA in Computer Science or 1 year work experience.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org.