Are you interested in working for one of the most exciting teams in Microsoft? Then look no further than the Safety Platform Service Engineering team. You will be building solutions that leverage state of the art technologies to deliver advanced protection to a user base of over a billion user & clients. Our team is responsible for delivering a constantly evolving set of services and solutions to meet the challenging landscape of our ever-evolving attackers.
The Services Engineering (SRE) team provides leadership, direction and accountability for application architecture, system design, and end to end implementation. You will independently determine and develop architectural approaches and solutions, conduct business reviews, and operate our production services. Strong collaboration skills will be required to work closely with other engineering teams to ensure services/systems are highly stable and performant and meet the expectations of internal and external customers and users.
• 2+ years of experience in Service Engineering/Software Engineering roles;
• 2+ years of coding/testing experience
• Proven experience with building service telemetry and monitoring pipelines
• Ability to manage and deliver multiple project phases at the same time
• Strong analytical and problem solving and organizational skills
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Ability to deal with the ambiguity associated with working in a fast-paced and changing environment.
• Leadership skills: Sound problem resolution, judgment, negotiating and decision-making skills.
• Feedback/Metrics collection techniques to expose live site/service issues.
• Develop test plans/cases, conditions and scenarios in support of ongoing applications and infrastructure.
• Strong Powershell scripting automation ability
• Strong C#, or .Net development experience
• Demonstrated solid working knowledge on cloud computing / Azure/ AAD
• Familiar with Agile/Scrum/Lean Methodology
• Evaluate current services and drive performance, availability and supportability improvements
• Drive increased efficiencies through automation you author
• Constantly focus on how to enable the business and increase agility
• Provide deep technical insight and hands on help to drive issues to root cause and resolution to live site
• Support a 24x7 live site support model for the services team owns
• You are a smart, highly motivated, self-starter who thrives in a bottoms-up, fast paced, highly technical environment
• You have a strong customer focus and understand the importance of Live Site
• Demonstrated ability to establish and manage relationships across organizational boundaries.
• Proven experience dealing with large scale data architecture, operational architecture and or network • Architecture Proven experience creating distributed systems tools of moderate to high complexity.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to email@example.com.