About the Opportunity
As a Service Engineer at Pitney Bowes, you thrive on mastering and communicating technical issues and you deliver with precision. You see opportunities where others see challenges. This role can be based anywhere in the United States. Build. Deploy. Bridge. Grow.
In this role, you'll join our Global Services team in and report to the Technical Program Manager Production Print.
This Service Engineering (SE) position will be dedicated support in production mail operations. The Service Engineer is a lead technical resource responsible for establishing and base lining service and serviceability requirements, capabilities and knowledge base needed for Mail operations\\Document Management focused support team. Product mastery is required and the SE will be engaged throughout the product life cycle from development launch and steady state operations. The SE must be able to master and fluently communicate technical issues with development teams both internal and external to PB. As the SE he/she will need to lead multiple concurrent efforts including commercialization ramp-up, service philosophy development, product reliability and serviceability tests and reviews, provide problem resolution, training, knowledge transfer, customer support and business growth opportunities.
The SE is responsible for providing timely and accurate communication status updates to Senior Management and project stakeholders, along with setting and achieving project goals and objectives. This role will require 50-75% travel and may require being at the development site weeks at a time. Project teams may consist of technical and business personnel from all aspects of PB business as well as third party providers.
You will be responsible for:
- Customer/Service Focused, understands VOC, Service and the needs of the business
- Becomes the Technical Service expert
- Ability to simplify yet innovative, well organized and can document information in a way that addresses the issues
- Drives problem resolution, uses analytical approaches to identify timely solutions to complex issues
- Excellent communicator, able to communicate technical issues with multifunctional teams including external partners, both verbally and written
- Is knowledgeable of the entire Mail Stream operations with expertise in mail, production print, Print descriptor Languages, Software enablers and is considered a resourceful go to person on the project
- Handles multidiscipline tasks and makes decisions based on data, facts and input from other members of the multi-functional team
- Handles all aspects of Commercialization from a service perspective
- Ensures product reliability and serviceability is complete
- Provides training, installation, problem resolution and red alert support with vendors
- Analyzes technical problems quickly and effectively
- Is responsible for corrective action process and feedback
- Supports a 24x7 business
- Minimum 5 years experience in Production Mail with Software and Printing Service experience in the entire Mainframe to Mail workflow\\Space.
- Must be willing to travel up to 75% of the time. Also may require length of stay exceeding weeks at a time
- Qualified candidate must have the analytical skills and technical background to understand software/hardware and complex systems within the entire Mail Stream business
- BS in Engineering or related field preferred.
Within our Small/Medium Business (SMB) Solutions team, we provide a full range of mailing equipment and postage meters, maintenance and support services and supplies that enable our clients to efficiently create mail and evidence postage. We are a leading global provider of postage meters and have approximately one million meters installed in North America and over three-hundred thousand meters installed in other international markets.
Pitney Bowes is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer that values diversity and inclusiveness in the workplace.
W/M/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities/LGBT are encouraged to apply.
All interested individuals must apply online. Individuals with disabilities who cannot apply via our online application should refer to the alternate application options via our Individuals with Disabilities link.
A little about us:
Find your next great opportunity at Pitney Bowes.