Have you have seen the Microsoft Retail stores? Do you want to be part of a great team that is delivering an amazing experience directly to the consumers at malls around the country? Are you looking for a fantastic opportunity to join a dynamic group at Microsoft IT? Do you want to make an impact to how consumers view Microsoft products? Then this is an opportunity for you to join the Microsoft Retail Stores Service Engineering team.
The Retail Services IT (RSIT) SE team is looking for a Senior Service Engineer who is talented and highly passionate for technology, Live Site operations and Service Reliability. This position requires strong collaboration and teamwork across team and organizational boundaries, playing a vital role in engineering services that delight the customer.
The ideal candidate will have experience in a team environment, experience running and designing enterprise scale services and platforms, technical depth in cloud platforms, agile development practices, and experience in designing & tuning monitoring/telemetry.
- Ability to read, write, configure code, and design for end-to-end service telemetry, alerting and self-healing capabilities
- Experience in automation, specifically related to deployment, recovery, or other manual processes.
- Experience analyzing real-time and trending service behavior through telemetry
- Experience with resilience modeling (failure mode analysis) on point solutions and platforms and ability to simulate service outages for point solutions (automated) and platforms (manually)
- Experience influencing software engineering team members in translating customer and technical requirements into service architecture to meet Quality of Service Expectations
- Ability to lead service teams through Live Site Reviews and corrective action plans - Experience leading and representing the Service in backlog discussions & standups to establish appropriate prioritization of Live Site requirements
- 3+ years of experience as a Software or Service Engineer
- Experience in Dynamics AX and Retail POS solutions
- Experience with payment transaction solutions (VeriFone, FiPay, etc.)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, or related sciences or 4+ years working in a Software or Service Engineer role
- Outstanding problem solving skills and passion to solve hard problems as part of a team
- Strong knowledge of infrastructure and Microsoft server products such as Windows Server, Hyper-V, SQL Server, Network technologies, NLB, DNS, Active Directory, IIS, System Center Operations Manager - Familiarity & Experience in many of the following:
- XML o MySQL/SQL Server/SQL Azure/NOSQL
- C#/Java o PowerShell/Bash o Windows Server/Azure/AWS
- Experience using telemetry to understand throughput, limitations and constraints in a service
- Experience in defining cost per transaction or per user, based on service configuration
- Experience identifying services appropriate for hosting on PaaS and IaaS offerings, as well as migration to internal or external SaaS providers
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to email@example.com.
A little about us:
Microsoft offers training and employment opportunities to help you turn your military experience and skills into a civilian technology career.