Microsoft Core Services and Engineering is for those professionals and business technology professionals who want to be strategic partners to the business and be the first place to create innovative solutions using all of Microsoft’s products and services. Microsoft Core Services and Engineering provides career growth opportunities, a rewarding and flexible work environment so you can better integrate professional and personal life. Inspiring what’s next, Microsoft Core Services and Engineering employees make global impact on thousands of customers and thousands of employees who use Microsoft software and services. We provide Digital Security and Risk Engineering. And we’re kind of a big deal.
Are you passionate about understanding Microsoft’s most challenging security problems and delivering effective solutions? Do mission critical, big challenges with high visibility energize you? Do you want to work in a fast-paced, results-oriented, customer-obsessed environment? If so, consider becoming a Service Manager in Microsoft Core Services Engineering (CSE).
Microsoft runs its business in a cloud first and mobile first world. Microsoft CSE is at the forefront of creating innovative solutions aligning to this strategy on a global scale for Microsoft’s customer and partners, as well as our employees. We are looking for someone who can see through problems to the solution, as a Service Manager for CSE’s Vulnerability Management program. Are you passionate about the customer and love to solve challenging problems with a team of other brilliant engineers?
Microsoft Core Service Engineering (CSE) is at the forefront of creating innovative solutions on a global scale for Microsoft’s customers, partners, and our employees. We have an exciting opportunity for a Service Engineer to join CSE’s Vulnerability Management program. Ideal candidates will be passionate about Live Site health, reliability and design. We are looking for a Service Engineer who is ready to be a part of a team that moves fast, leverages continuous delivery practices, and is focused on building and operating security service solutions.
This position requires strong collaboration and teamwork across team and organizational. Your ability to be the customer advocate, focus on service first, and be part of a team that tears down silos to deliver the best customer experience will be critical to your success, along with the team’s. The ideal candidate will have experience in a team environment, experience running and designing enterprise scale services and platforms, technical depth in cloud platforms, agile development practices, and experience in designing and tuning telemetry. In addition, this position requires an individual who can demonstrate the ability to ensure highly resilient and scalable service designs through partnership with other members of the service team.
• Ability to read, write, and configure code for end-to-end service telemetry, alerting and self-healing capabilities
• Experience as a database administrator
• Experience managing high-availability environments
• Ability to create robust operational documentation
• Experience analyzing real-time service behavior through telemetry solutions
• Experience with resilience modeling (failure mode analysis) on point solutions and ability to manually simulate service outages
• Experience contributing to and working with software engineering team members in translating customer and technical requirements into service architecture
• 3+ years experience with SQL (MySQL/Sql Server/Sql Azure)
• 3+ years experience in one or more of the following:
-Cloud Services (EventHub/Functions/Automation)
-Server Administration (Windows Server/Linux) o Virtualization (Hyper-V/Cloud VM)
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, or related sciences or 4+ years’ technical or engineering experience.
• No SQL (Hadoop/Azure Data Lake)
• Demonstrated experience in web services, virtualization and cloud concepts
• Outstanding problem-solving skills and passion to solve hard problems as part of a team
• Experience in automation, specifically related to deployment, recovery, or other manual processes.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to email@example.com.
A little about us:
Microsoft offers training and employment opportunities to help you turn your military experience and skills into a civilian technology career.