Core Services Engineering builds and manages the critical products and services that Microsoft runs on. We boldly pursue big ideas that power transformational advances at Microsoft and for our customers, while helping Microsoft teams work smarter, faster and more securely every day. Core Services Engineering employees have deep technical and business expertise, customer insights, and a clear point of view that comes from first-hand, large-scale experience with Microsoft and industry solutions. We are engineers, technology leaders and experts, digital transformation change agents, and customer advocates. We have exciting opportunities for you to innovate, influence, transform, inspire and grow within our organization and we encourage you to apply to learn more!
Job Description: Within CSE, Network Infrastructure Services (NIS) is the team that engineers, deploys and manages the internal Microsoft network infrastructure. We deliver industry leading network solutions that address Microsoft business needs at a global scale. As an NIS engineer, you are responsible for the design, deployment, and operations of network devices including routers, switches, load balancers, and firewalls. The focus of this position is to design and deploy infrastructure solutions that provide the underpinning for client and server connectivity within the Microsoft network. This job includes interaction with multiple teams including product teams, infrastructure and security teams, and service/project management teams. NIS Engineers are expected to adapt in a dynamic environment, work with tight timelines for project deployments, and work collaboratively with teammates.
Core fundamental aspects of the position:
• Provide leadership and collaboration within a team to develop enterprise networking solutions leveraging routers, switches, load balancers, and firewalls components
• Scope, design and deploy solutions that scale to meet requirements and are easily supportable
• Define and execute network solution testing and new release certification
Define and track key performance metrics to meet service availability requirements
• Develop, deploy, test, and support network automation using as Ansible, Python and Bash Lead validation and revision of key engineering artifacts such as standards and deployment guides
• Lead definition of capacity planning, optimization, service health via monitoring within assigned service areas
• Monitor and troubleshoot network incidents to meet operation level agreements
• Perform Direct Responsible Individual (DRI) for end-to-end service support.
• On-call rotation with team members providing high severity incident support as needed, 24x7.
• Proven track record of success demonstrating leadership and technical growth
• 5+ years of experience developing enterprise level network solutions
• BS degree in Computer Science or equivalent work experience
• Demonstrated experience designing and troubleshooting of network solutions
• Experience with OSPF and ISIS routing protocols using ECMP in large enterprise class or service provider networks
• Experience with QoS implementations for voice and video on Enterprise networks.
• Experience with BGP routing protocol on internal Enterprise networks.
• Experience with eBGP to providing routing to diverse, globally connected ISPs and other autonomous systems.
• Experience with MPLS overlay environments which include L3VPN virtual private network design and implementation.
• Experience in designing and implementing fault tolerant, highly available environments
• Strong leadership experience in delivering large scale network solutions
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Strong team player who enjoys a mix of autonomy and collaboration based delivery
• Ability to manage multiple priorities, commitments and projects
• Ability to influence, lead, and drive consensus on multiple technical views
• Self-motivated, directed and passionate
• Ability to learn very quickly in a fast-paced environment
3+ years of network experience
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to email@example.com
A little about us:
Microsoft offers training and employment opportunities to help you turn your military experience and skills into a civilian technology career.