Do you love security, and the thrill of challenging yourself with new “unknowns” every day? Do you have the “learner” mindset, are willing to un-learn old skills and learn new ones every day? Do you get excited about making an impact across the entire company through a role that provides incredible opportunities for learning and growth? Do you want to work in a fun and challenging area with passionate and creative people dedicated to improving security? If yes, this job is for you!
Information Security and Risk Management (ISRM), an organization led by Microsoft’s Chief Information Security Officer, enables Microsoft to deliver the most trusted devices and services. ISRM’s vision is to ensure all information and services are protected, secured, and available for appropriate use through innovation and a robust risk framework.
This role is a part of our Security Operations team and is tasked with engineering and operating controls and solutions that protect our data. This role requires deep technical knowledge of Windows, Networking and Security services as well as integration of multiple technologies to solve complex business problems. The ideal candidate should be able to deal with ambiguity, have the technical breadth to find negotiated solutions in complex and high pressure situations.
- Engineer and operate innovative enterprise-scale Data Loss Prevention solutions across a global network
- Deploy Microsoft enterprise products and third party DLP solutions in a complex hybrid cloud environment
- Manage applications and systems to ensure service availability for a global 24x7 workforce
- Resolve issues and restore service during live site incidents, and perform root cause analysis
- Develop automation to reduce manual tasks and improve the reliability of routine operations
- Provide occasional support to employees whose issues are escalated from help desk
- Use technical expertise to provide guidance to internal teams with advanced requirements for DLP services
- Attend regular standup meetings and maintain simple artifacts in Visual Studio Online to ensure close team collaboration
- Maintain all working and completed code in GIT repositories following the team’s standard practices
- Continually identify and implement service improvements that increase the effectiveness of corporate security policies, improve end-user experiences and lower operating costs
- Collaborate with other service teams to address requirements and solve problems
- Engage in deep technical discussions with product engineering teams to drive improvements and bug fixes into Microsoft products
- Develop procedures and documentation to ensure the reliability, integrity, efficiency, and efficacy of the system
- Strong system administration skills on Windows (3+ years)
- Strong experience working with SQL backed database systems, with demonstrated competency to write and interpret complex SQL queries (3+ years)
- Strong experience with system administration and automation scripting languages such as PowerShell (2+ years)
- Strong knowledge of information security policies, practices and technologies
- Good understanding of TCP-IP networking and network devices
- Good understanding of Active Directory
- Good understanding of IIS and ASP.NET
- Knowledge of a cloud computing environment such as Microsoft Azure would be an advantage
- Knowledge of Linux would be an advantage
- Demonstrated skill in troubleshooting - ability to provide resolution and/or workarounds to complex technical problems
- Ability to think analytically and understand dependencies in connected systems
- Must have passion for solving operational problems using technology
- Ability to maintain working relationships with diverse stakeholders
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- BE/ BTech in Computer Science, Information Systems, Information Technology or a related field or equivalent experience is preferred
- Security certifications such as CISSP preferred
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin, marital status, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other protected status.
A little about us:
Microsoft offers training and employment opportunities to help you turn your military experience and skills into a civilian technology career.