Microsoft Core Services and Engineering is for those professionals and business technology professionals who want to be strategic partners to the business and be the first place to create innovative solutions using all of Microsoft’s products and services. Microsoft Core Services and Engineering provides career growth opportunities, a rewarding and flexible work environment so you can better integrate professional and personal life. Inspiring what’s next, Microsoft Core Services and Engineering employees make global impact on thousands of customers and thousands of employees who use Microsoft software and services. We provide Digital Security and Risk Engineering. And we’re kind of a big deal. Are you passionate about understanding Microsoft’s most challenging security problems and delivering effective solutions? Do mission critical, big challenges with high visibility energize you? Do you want to work in a fast-paced, results-oriented, customer-obsessed environment? If so, consider becoming a Service Manager in Microsoft Core Services Engineering (CSE).
Microsoft runs its business in a cloud first and mobile first world. Microsoft CSE is at the forefront of creating innovative solutions aligning to this strategy on a global scale for Microsoft’s customer and partners, as well as our employees. We are looking for someone who can see through problems to the solution, as a Service Manager for CSE’s Vulnerability Management program. This position requires cross-organization collaboration, engaging with business stakeholders to identify requirements so that our team can deliver the right solution. You will be part of a team of high-performing engineers, helping define and plan the team’s book of work based on a shared vision for the future.
You will foster partnerships with other security teams and organizations to improve Microsoft’s security posture, with an eye toward enabling the business. Your outside-in viewpoint, excellence in driving for results, operational excellence and cross-division collaboration will be critical to your success; as you identify trade-offs, work across disciplines and divisions, present to various organization levels, and gain first-hand knowledge of security operations in CSE. You will quickly gain familiarity with program operations, understand and integrate into a DevOps culture, and apply agile development practices to deliver state of the art security solutions. You will be a self-starter and analyze vulnerability and performance data to troubleshoot issues, identify service improvements, and gain insights for future service delivery possibilities. You will have a challenger mindset, using strong communication skills to understand what is needed, build consensus, and address change constructively.
- History of running operational programs
- Experience monitoring and reporting on service health
- Experience analyzing and reporting data for business decisions
- Proven ability to take initiative and deal with ambiguity and changing priorities
- Communicates clearly, positively and impactfully with team members and management team
- A history of being results-oriented
- Strong abilities with Microsoft Office/O365 product suite
- Strong data analysis skills
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Strong foundation with SQL (MySQL/Sql Server/Sql Azure)
- Strong foundation in documenting complex systems and processes
- Previous Customer Service and/or Application Support experience
- 1+ years of work experience as a Program, Product or Solution Manager
- Previous Service Management experience a plus, but not required
- Previous experience with Vulnerability/Security Compliance products a plus, but not required
– Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, or related degree required
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to email@example.com.
A little about us:
Microsoft offers training and employment opportunities to help you turn your military experience and skills into a civilian technology career.