Do you enjoy working in a fast-paced, mission critical environment? Do you want to join a global team of highly skilled IT Service Engineering professionals to deliver world class infrastructure solutions that enable product development and test & release for Microsoft? Are you passionate about Service Engineering, IT Service processes, principles, and delivering great customer service? If you answered yes, join us in Microsoft Lab Services (MLS) where we leverage the latest architecture, design, and technologies to provide highly available and secure infrastructure solutions to Microsoft’s product groups and mission critical release systems.
The MLS Team is focused on designing, implementing, and supporting the next generation of network and storage and server/cloud systems that enable our product groups to work at massive scales across the globe. From Windows to Windows Phone, Office to Xbox, we have an opportunity for you to have an impact across the entire product delivery pipeline. We are committed to enabling Engineering productivity through innovative design and application of Microsoft and 3rd party solutions.
As a Service engineer, you will help drive our efforts to deliver services to our customers. We are expanding services to include sysadmin, patch management, asset life cycle management, monitoring, etc. MLS labs runs at extremely large scales with 50K+ systems and has influence in processes/practices for all Microsoft R&D labs. As a service engineer, you’ll help direct the strategy and implementation of vulnerability detection, compliance reporting, and necessary remediation programs (such as automated patching, etc.) and processes for MLS. You will help define and implement new services such as monitoring, system admin support, and VM support to meet customers’ requirements.
In addition, the environment hosts a variety of operating systems, hardware platforms, and varying network designs located in facilities around the globe and used by a broad set of Microsoft engineering teams. This is a terrific opportunity to bring your leadership and technical skills to a highly visible role that will require collaboration across many teams and business groups. You will be able to develop the necessary offerings and services, aligned to customer needs, leveraging and integrated with existing capabilities where possible as you implement new MLS services.
• Help define/implement software vulnerability discovery, reporting, and remediation services
• Analyze attacks reported from multiple sources both internal and external.
• Support MLS services, recommend solutions to customers, assist in technical issues
• Work with customers to build requirements for services, define operational models for the services, and implement the services to broad arrays of customers.
• Be able to troubleshoot infrastructure systems issues
• Participate in regular business reviews with customers to help drive adoption and address customer challenges
• 3-4 years of data center/lab/IT Operations or Service Engineering experience
• 3 years of experience managing enterprise environments subject to security patch compliance processes and tools, preferably involving Microsoft OS and platform compliance
• 3 years of experience with managing and maintaining IT infrastructure systems
• Hand-on experience with vulnerability management tools and devices (e.g. Qualys, Nessus, BeyondTrust, Secunia, etc?)
• Strong knowledge of Windows operating system and Active Directory
• Experience working with SQL database, ability to write and interpret complex SQL queries
• Experience with system administration scripting and development languages such as PowerShell
• Good understanding of TCP/IP and networking
• Demonstrated skill in troubleshooting - ability to provide resolution and/or workarounds to complex technical problems
• College degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related technical discipline is preferred but not required. ITIL / MCSE certifications are a plus.
• Strong candidates should be knowledgeable of future IT trends in areas such as software vulnerability detection and software update processes, with emphasis on Microsoft’s Operating Systems and platforms
• Ability to balance workloads while collaborating with peers in building and supporting the next generation of IT services.
• Strong written and oral communication skills, including presentation skills.
• Sound technical problem resolution, judgment, negotiating/prioritization, and decision-making skills
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, ethnicity, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to email@example.com.
A little about us:
Microsoft offers training and employment opportunities to help you turn your military experience and skills into a civilian technology career.