Do you care about keeping the world safe from the ever-present thread of online security threats? Do you want to make a difference to millions of people on a monthly basis? Do you want to be part of the future of the Windows operating system? If so, then the Windows Servicing and Deployment Build and Packaging Operations team has an immediate opportunity for a service engineer to help develop and improve the long-term growth of the update creation system.
Your role will be to operate and evolve the service that keeps hundreds of millions of Windows users around the world secure and productive. The Windows as a Service production pipeline is complex, both technically and conceptually, so the qualified applicant will be passionate about the automation of processes of immense scale. You should have a strong technical background, have experience with shipping Windows products, and be eager to learn more about existing systems.
A summary of responsibilities include:
• Understanding business workflows, track their performance through KPI’s, and hold service development teams accountable for maintaining the quality of the service
• Perform advanced troubleshooting and solutions engineering for complex service issues to restore service with minimal disruption to the business
• Coordinate larger recovery efforts across the operations team, customers, and supporting engineering teams
• Communicating and working with other developer customers, management, and partner teams to resolve build and packaging related issues in a timely manner.
• Assessing and defining improvements to process and environments to increase performance and reliability.
• Design and Develop automated solutions for WSD build and packaging workflows that will completely eliminate the need for manual interventions
• Develop automated reports to generated
• 3+ years in the software production field
The skills and experience we are looking for include:
• Full ship cycles delivering a medium-to-large scale product (can be different products).
• Experience working in an Agile software development environment, especially the application of Scrum
• Experience operating services using the Service Maturity Model
• Experience in the following areas of development: automation design work; strong knowledge of Perl, Windows Command Shell, and PowerShell scripting; knowledge of C#
• Familiarity with build processes and environments, build verification processes, product release cycles, and Software Configuration Management tools.
• Strong communication and problem-solving skills.
• Experience with command-line tools, source code control, and scripting.
• In-depth knowledge of OS, package, QFE versioning, parenting, and blueprint best practices.
• Experience working in a high-pressure environment where security issues require a fast response
• Experience working with databases to coordinate automation and collect telemetry
• Experience using Incident Management software
• BA/BS in Computer Science or Engineering preferred
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
A little about us:
Microsoft offers training and employment opportunities to help you turn your military experience and skills into a civilian technology career.