Are you interested in working for one of the most exciting teams in Microsoft? You will be building solutions that leverage state of the art technologies to deliver malware protection to a user base of over a billion user & clients. The Windows Defender team is responsible for delivering a constantly evolving set of services to meet the challenge of a constantly changing attack landscape.
The Site Reliability Engineering team provides leadership, direction and accountability for application architecture, system design, implementation, and service delivery. You will independently determine and develop architectural approaches and solutions, conduct business reviews, document current systems in the portfolio, and operate our production services. Strong collaboration skills will be required to work closely with other engineering teams to ensure services/systems are available, reliable, performant, and meet the expectations of internal stakeholders as well as external customers and users.
• 3+ years of experience in Service Engineering/Software Engineering roles;
• 3+ years of coding/testing experience
• Strong Powershell scripting automation ability
• Strong C#, or .Net development experience
• Demonstrated solid working knowledge on cloud computing / Azure/ AAD
• Evaluate current services and drive performance, availability and supportability improvements
• Proven experience with building service telemetry and monitoring pipelines
• Ability to manage and deliver multiple project phases at the same time
• Strong analytical and problem solving and organizational skills
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Ability to deal with the ambiguity associated with working in a fast-paced and changing environment
• Leadership skills: Sound problem resolution, judgment, negotiating and decision-making skills
• Feedback/Metrics collection techniques to expose live site/service issues
• Support a 24x7 live site support model for the services team owns
• Develop test plans/cases, conditions and scenarios in support of ongoing applications and infrastructure
• Familiar with Service Fabric and operational knowledge of deployment and challenges
• Familiar with Big-Data platforms (Cosmos, Kusto, ADL)
• Familiar with Agile/Scrum/Lean Methodology
• Drive increased efficiencies through automation solutions you author
• Constantly focus on how to enable the business and increase agility, and reduce costs
• Provide deep technical insight and hands on help to drive issues to root cause and resolution to live site
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
A little about us:
Microsoft offers training and employment opportunities to help you turn your military experience and skills into a civilian technology career.