Cummins is a place big enough to coach and develop a global workforce and create the world's leading clean, engine technology. We're also small enough for you to find your fit and personal passion with a team of dependable, innovative thinkers who are developing their careers within a diverse, inclusive, empowering environment.
Learn more about this role and how you can begin Working Right .
Our Components Business Unit delivers reliable, durable, high performing products to our global partners. Working in an innovative space, you'll develop high tech solutions that will fuel your advanced career skill set and empower you to own your career. Our integrated businesses demand the talents and creativity of individuals with a wide range of skills and experience.
This is an exciting opportunity in Columbus, Indiana for a Service Engineer - Value Package Introduction. Cummins USA is where you can work on industry leading engineering projects such as New Product Development, Value Package Introduction and Systems Product Validation.
Your impact will happen in these and other ways:
Qualifications: Required Education, Licenses or Certifications
- Act as a technical liaison between the Cummins field service organization and the Engineering, Qualify & Manufacturing organizations to proactively identify, define and prioritize less complex product issues and to implement long term solutions.
- Identify less complex service issues, initiate problem solving, document cost and customer impact information to establish priority for corrective action.
- Lead or manage failure analyses with Field Service, Warranty, and Engineering to communicate and define issues.
- Partners with distributors, dealers and customers to support the investigation of less complex escalated product issues, discuss solutions, and conduct training because of complexity, longevity and criticality.
- Supports product development teams and problem solving teams via the installation of field test engines or components and the monitoring and reporting of reliability data.
- Participates proactively during reviews to ensure the serviceability of new components and products including the monitoring of new product performance.
- Creates initial publication and subsequent revision of service literature.
- Ensures new information regarding technical solutions and service procedures is communicated to the service organization.
- Coaches and mentors less experience Service Engineers.
- Own Customer Care lane on New Product Introduction project, as well as support other team members on deliverables.
• College, university or equivalent degree in Engineering or related technical field required Experience
• Intermediate level of relevant work experience on engine sub-systems or engine components is required.
• Prefer components inspection, parts teardown and failure mode identification.
• Prefer knowledge and experience negotiating customer agreements.
• Demonstrated experience meeting project deadlines.
• Travel within North America not to exceed 10% Compensation and Benefits
Base salary rate commensurate with experience. Additional benefits vary between locations and include options such as our 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan, Cash Balance Pension Plan, Medical/Dental/Life Insurance, Health Savings Account, Domestic Partners Coverage and a full complement of personal and professional benefits. Cummins and E-verify
At Cummins, we are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer dedicated to diversity in the workplace. Our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified persons without regard to race, gender, color, disability, national origin, age, religion, union affiliation, sexual orientation, veteran status, citizenship, gender identity and/or expression, or other status protected by law. Cummins validates right to work using E-Verify. Cummins will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to confirm work authorization.
Ready to think beyond your desk? Apply for this opportunity to start your career with Cummins today. careers.cummins.com
Not ready to apply but want to learn more? Join our Talent Community to get the inside track on great jobs and confidentially connect to our recruiting team: http://connect.find.ly/cummins
No, this isn't one of those ordinary jobs.