HealthTrust (HealthTrust Purchasing Group, L.P.) is committed to strengthening provider performance and clinical excellence through an aligned membership model and the delivery of total spend management advisory solutions that leverage our operator experience, scale and innovation. Headquartered in Nashville, Tennessee, HealthTrust serves approximately 1,600 acute care facilities and members in more than 26,000 non-acute care sites.
Job Summary- This position is responsible for managing all physician related activities within assigned clinical service line/s. A primary purpose of this position will be working directly with service line medical director(s) and physician advisors to advance HealthTrust's clinical Agenda. Integrating and coordinating Physician advisors to identify/manage initiatives to improve utilization of physician preference items. Coordinates activities around meeting/call schedules, preparation of materials, project tracking and project management.
Requires ability to travel up to 20%.
- Assists in coordinating and managing projects from concept visualization to completion: Oversight of project status, program deadlines, team member accountability, identifying any areas of concern or problems with associated solutions to other business unit partners/internal customers as needed.
- Assists Clinical Evidence team with coordination of national agreement contracting projects and meeting coordination.
- Meeting schedule/coordination
- Project management
- Final document presentation and posting
- Coordination with physician advisor team on physician input
- Assists Clinical Education team with coordination of educational events (HTU, Innovation Summit, cadaver and other courses). Leads logistical components of department specific meetings (pre-meeting, on-site, post-meeting).
- Coordinate systems/processes for physicians to be involved in clinical resource utilization/selection for HealthTrust
- Manage communication with advisors
- Manage physician utilization
- Assist in the coordination of internal and external communication activities
- Project management of physician led product standardization and utilization initiatives
- Assists Service Line Medical Director(s) with coordination of content including developing presentations
- Supports Service Line Medical Director(s) in the flow of information and education to HealthTrust Members and their physicians to better understand economic considerations in healthcare purchasing and supply chain.
- Coordinate education and consultative support to the IDN and facility level.
- Builds and maintains strong, effective working relationships across the Physician Services team
- Manages multiple projects and tasks in a fast paced environment.
- Demonstrates the ability to manage a project plan for major projects.
- Identifies and manages data points and deliverables for projects to determine outcomes are achieved.
Duties (included but not limited to):
- Manage a service line within HealthTrust Physician Advisors program in support of Service Line Medical Director(s)
- Manages the Physician Advisors project tracker and track Physician Advisors' hours and expenses
- Manages distribution lists and physician advisor rosters
- Track outcomes and strategic and financial impact of Physician Advisors Program
- Assist with partner IDN physician relations
- Assist with development of the strategic vision of the Physician Advisors program
- Assists Service Line Medical director in creation of internal publications such as newsletters, releases, email announcements, planned publications, on-line, member portals, video, special projects and assignments
- Assist with development of bi-monthly Physician Advisor Insider.
- Assist with onboarding of physician advisors
Accredited College Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Communication, or Marketing required. Master's Degree preferred.
5-7 years' experience working with physicians in an office or clinical setting. Current working knowledge of GPO, IDN, and facility operations preferred. Demonstrated ability to coordinate and manage clinical education events from concept visualization to completion. Experience in project management. General knowledge of the medical device market.
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom