Job Location: United States : North Carolina : Charlotte
Brighthouse Financial is a new company established by MetLife. We’re on a mission to help people achieve financial security. Built on a foundation of industry knowledge and experience, we specialize in offering essential annuity and life insurance products designed to help customers protect what they’ve earned and ensure it lasts more predictably. In an industry that often has a reputation for complexity, confusion, and cost, Brighthouse Financial is different. Our approach includes simplicity, transparency, and more value so customers can face the future with confidence.
Brighthouse Financial is seeking passionate, high-performing team members to help us carry out our mission and be part of an exciting journey toward improving the financial futures of our millions of customers. Sound like you? Read on.
Reporting to the head of BHF’s infrastructure organization, this role will define the processes by which the infrastructure organization will operate. The processes range from immediate responses to incident and issues to steady state operations governing interactions between Brighthouse and the delivery operations of SaaS providers. The role is envisioned to have three direct reports with responsibility for the following areas:
- Service Operations – Focused on incident, problem, and change management. This includes help desk functions, service restoration, notifications to users and leadership for incidents of varying levels of severity, and root cause analysis of problems. The tools, facilities, and employees for the execution of these responsibilities lies with BHF’s “managed services provider” – IBM – with whom BHF is working to deploy and operate its cloud management infrastructure. But the requirements and thought leadership for these functions will still reside with BHF.
- ITIL Process Management – There are a number of other management processes outside of incident, problem, and change management needed to govern the BHFs cloud management environment. This role will bring the required expertise to identify which of these processes are most relevant and how they should be deployed within the Brighthouse environment.
- Service Integration – Given the heavy dependence that BHF has on third party software as a service providers, it is critical that the processes to manage BHF’s cloud management infrastructure are in synch with analogous processes at those third party providers. “Service integration” is tasked with ensuring those processes link effectively, and that information flowing from service providers to Brighthouse is properly defined and meets the needs of all parties to ensure smooth ongoing operations.
- Oversee the development of service operations processes that include incident management, problem management, and change management. Provide subject matter expertise to the head of service operations.
- Identify additional ITIL processes (or other infrastructure management processes) needed to effectively operate BHF’s cloud management infrastructure. For these identified processes, ensure the appropriate enterprise-wide definition of the service and define the implementation approach and steady state operations. This should be done in conjunction with the BHF managed services provider, IBM, to ensure the processes are consistent with their management methodology.
- Define how the services supporting BHF’s cloud management environment link to those at various SaaS providers. This should include how management information should flow across environments, and the actions taken once information is shared.
- Create a continuous feedback loop in which the effectiveness of these processes is measured and improvements are put in place. Again, do this in collaboration with the MSP.
- Establish the management information (i.e., metrics) needed to share with the IT and business leadership at BHF on the performance of the environment. Create the needed reports and distribution mechanisms.
Intelligent, articulate and persuasive leader with excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication and presentation skills. Must serve as an effective member of the senior management team with the ability to communicate infrastructure operations-related concepts in a way that is understood by senior leaders.
- Understanding of ITIL processes and how to apply them in a cloud management environment.
- Extensive experience in service operations and incident management environments.
- Strong, demonstrated experience in managing a variety of vendors in operationally demanding environments. This should include establishing operational standards and service level agreements with third parties, and governing SaaS vendor relationships.
- Accomplished and effective change leader with people management responsibility and ability to implement the infrastructure management vision for BHF.
- Creative, innovative and thorough approach with the ability to operate autonomously.
- Bachelor’s degree or related discipline and/or equivalent work experience.
Brighthouse Financial is a proud equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to attracting, retaining, and maximizing the performance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is Brighthouse Financial's policy to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, national origin, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, genetic information, citizenship status, uniformed service member or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
For immediate consideration, click the Apply Now button. You will be directed to complete an on-line profile. Upon completion, you will receive an automated confirmation email verifying you have successfully applied to the job.
Brighthouse Financial is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you require a reasonable accommodation in order to complete an employment application, please contact our Employee Relations Department at 1-866-635-9230 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. All other unrelated inquires will not be acknowledged.