Cummins is a place big enough to coach and develop a global workforce and create the world's leading clean, engine technology. We're also small enough for you to find your fit and personal passion with a team of dependable, innovative thinkers who are developing their careers within a diverse, inclusive, empowering environment.
Learn more about this role and how you can begin Working Right.
Cummins delivers reliable, durable, high performing products to our global partners. Working in an innovative space, you'll develop high tech solutions that will fuel your advanced career skill set and empower you to own your career. Our integrated businesses demand the talents and creativity of individuals with a wide range of skills and experience.
This is an exciting opportunity in Atlanta, GA for a Service Manager.
Your impact will happen in these and other ways: Position Summary:
Provide oversight and manage the workflow for the Advanced Electrical Services (AES) Group. The AES Group is a Service Team responsible for all field switchgear start-ups, switchgear modifications, generator controls upgrades, switchgear emergency repairs, and switchgear preventative maintenance work within the South Region (VA, NC, SC, GA, TN, FL). Essential Functions:
- Service Supervisors are responsible for the workflow and successful outcome of each job.
- Manage the progression of work for the AES Group and communicate timelines with Systems Project Managers and Customers.
- Ensure projected timelines for completion of jobs and projects is followed.
- Schedule and planning work for repairs, start-ups, upgrades, PMA's, etc. with customers in coordination with Systems Project Managers.
- Ensure site readiness prior to work, start-up, or commissioning.
- Mitigate deficiencies to satisfy completion of Systems projects.
- Perform/oversee the BMS administrative work for the AES Group.
- Creating and presenting quotes to customers on repair costs, PMA's, etc.
- Processing Work Orders and Projects in BMS.
- Allocating Technicians time accurately.
- Preparing and processing warranty claims.
- Directly manages large scope and high profile start-ups in collaboration with project management and sales groups. Delivers project per sales group write-ups and quotations. Coordinate factory, outside vendor, and internal resources to assure timely, accurate, and cost-effective start-up and commissioning of complex start-ups.
- Interfaces with customer, vendors, and internal contacts to effectively communicate technical issues that impede start-up progress and affect project schedules. Involves appropriate internal and external contacts to bring about mutually beneficial problem resolutions.
- Communicates accurately and concisely using appropriate communications resources including telephone, e-mail, net meeting, etc.
- Represents company in a professional manner at all times.
- Perform technical reviews on new complex projects.
Qualifications: Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Provides support and training to others within the power generation business team to expedite customer information flows and to elevate department capabilities and comprehension level.
- Completes individual development plans and reviews for personal and professional improvement.
Required Personal Characteristics:
- Electrical Engineering Degree or a minimum of five years' experience with emergency power generation or construction is preferred.
- Understanding of general and electrical contracting industries.
- Ability to interpret technical documents, specification, and drawings.
- Knowledge of or experience in electrical construction and/or installations and standard practice, specifically power generation applications.
- Ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to communicate technical information effectively to customers and co-workers.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills.
- Excellent customer service skills encompassing the "Customer Support Excellence" philosophy and standards.
- Good listening skills, telephone etiquette.
- Able to use all standard office equipment: printers, copiers, fax machines.
Required Education, Licenses or Certifications
- Maintains a mature problem-solving attitude while managing interpersonal conflicts.
- Possesses well-developed communication skills, both written and verbal. Exhibits professional attitude and demeanor at all times. Is an active listener.
- Possesses strong organizational skills and is attentive to detail. Follows through to assure successful task and objective completion.
- Exhibits customer led approach in all transactions.
- Is pleasant and cooperative with internal and external contacts. Works well within a team environment to support end customer needs and expectations.
- Strong commitment to safety.
Compensation and Benefits
- College, university or equivalent degree required.
Base Salary commensurate with experience. Additional benefits vary between locations and include options such as our 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan, Cash Balance Pension Plan, Medical/Dental/Life Insurance, Health Savings Account, Domestic Partners Coverage and a full complement of personal and professional benefits.
Cummins and E-verify
At Cummins, we are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer dedicated to diversity in the workplace. Our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified persons without regard to race, gender, color, disability, national origin, age, religion, union affiliation, sexual orientation, veteran status, citizenship, gender identity and/or expression, or other status protected by law. Cummins validates right to work using E-Verify. Cummins will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to confirm work authorization.
Ready to think beyond your desk? Apply for this opportunity to start your career with Cummins today. careers.cummins.com
Not ready to apply but want to learn more? Join our Talent Community to get the inside track on great jobs and confidentially connect to our recruiting team: http://connect.find.ly/cummins
No, this isn't one of those ordinary jobs.