Johnson Controls is a global diversified technology and multi industrial leader serving a wide range of customers in more than 150 countries. Our 117,000 employees create intelligent buildings, efficient energy solutions, integrated infrastructure and next generation transportation systems that work seamlessly together to deliver on the promise of smart cities and communities. Our commitment to sustainability dates back to our roots in 1885, with the invention of the first electric room thermostat. We are committed to helping our customers win and creating greater value for all of our stakeholders through strategic focus on our buildings and energy growth platforms. Position Summary:
The Total Service Manager will drive customer satisfaction, supervising a team of technicians, service sales reps, inspectors, and administrators to support the district's service customers. Will ensure contractual obligations are fulfilled while quickly resolving customer complaints concerning service and collection issues thereby minimizing customer concerns and enhancing customer relations. Scope of work to include managing employees in the following disciplines: Fire Alarm, Security, Fire Sprinkler Systems, Special Hazard Systems and Extinguishers/Commercial Kitchen hood service. Duties and Responsibilities:
- Revenue Responsibility - Responsible for implementing plans, programs, and processes designed to meet or exceed corporate goals and objectives as well as maximizing market potential in all business segments to include new service sales, revenue, and profitability.
- Fiscal Responsibility - Responsible for managing the Service Department to an approved financial plan which includes operating expenses, accounts receivable/collections, manpower, capital, and inventory.
- Customer Service Responsibility - Responsible for departmental employees' effective and timely customer communications, building solid customers relationships from initial contact through order acquisition, delivery and installation, and service.
- Productivity Improvement - Responsible for training service personnel, building a team with the skillset and customer service focus to support and grow the district. Accountable for the efficiency and productivity of the team. Ensures that fair and effective performance measurements are assigned and that employees are motivated to achieve and/or exceed their assigned goals and objectives. Conducts employee evaluations and/or communicates performance improvement strategies and actions.
- Employee Development - Empowers, organizes, and develops the local service staff into a cohesive and effective team trained and motivated to grow the business. Responsible for hiring quality individuals who possess the necessary skills, knowledge, talent, and experience to fill open job positions. Identifies areas such as sales skills, business and product knowledge, and customer service where training and development can enhance the department's ability to meet current and future business needs. Maintains an open channel of communication among all departments and personnel to ensure consistent dialogue, foster initiative, and maintain employee morale. Will participate in technician ride-along to ensure compliance with corporate safety programs, review productivity, measure performance, and review technicians' abilities. Must ensure complete understanding of company policies/processes, reviewing them with employees to promote understanding and compliance.
- Safety Compliance - Ensures that all employees comply with corporate safety programs and that employee safety training is complete and up-to-date. Completes all workplace accident investigations as required by the company's EH&S policy. Identifies safety issues and hazards and notifies the corporate safety officer of conditions that require corrective action.
- Legal Compliance - Abides by Federal, State, and local laws and regulations, as well as all Company policies and procedures.
- Bachelor degree preferably in a business or engineering discipline or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of 5-10 years' experience in an integrated systems sales/service environment with a portion of time spent in a supervisory role
- Strong, positive leadership skills. Action oriented.
- Strong understanding of P&L components and relationships
- Proficient with MS Office as well as online systems. Knowledge of Oracle a plus.
- Demonstrated management/leadership abilities to include training, team building, presentation and negotiation skills, administration, and effective interaction with customer/company management.
- Must be able to pass a pre-employment background screening and drug test.
- Possess a valid driver's license and driving record that meets company requirements.
Johnson Controls offers a highly competitive compensation and benefits plan including medical, dental, prescription coverage, flexible spending accounts, paid life insurance, matching 401(k), ongoing training, tuition reimbursement and more. And because we're part of Johnson Controls, we can prepare you for a career on a global scale.
JCI is an EEO/AA/Female/Minority/Veteran/Disability Employer
A little about us:
We’re shaping the future. Together, let’s make a world that’s safe, comfortable and sustainable. Tomorrow needs you.