Otis, a United Technologies company, is the world leader in reliable, efficient and technologically advanced elevators, escalators and people-moving systems. Our revolutionary Gen2® elevators, energy-saving ReGen™ drives and NCE "green" escalator have clearly set the industry standard for innovation, safety and performance. More than 2.4 million Otis elevators and escalators are currently in operation throughout 200 different countries. We are proud to have a global team that continues to rise to the challenges of a fast-moving company. Together, the people of Otis are creating new ideas and opportunities by collaborating across time zones, geographies and cultures. So just imagine where we can take you!JOB RESPONSIBILTIES:
If you thrive in a fast-paced environment and are looking for an opportunity to develop your field operations career, then we have a great opportunity for you. We are seeking a motivated, top performing field operations professional to deliver high quality products/services that meet customer needs.
This position will have full account management responsibilities for all customers within the assigned geography. In addition, this position will manage approximately field associates that are assigned to service equipment in the area.
Specific responsibilities for this position include:
- Directing the performance of field maintenance and contractual service operations.
- Conducting field education training with field workforce.
- Maintaining customer quality assurance; emphasis on safety, managing the expenditure of labor, materials and other assets.
- Improving efficiencies, managing route schedules and callback rates.
- Providing technical support.
- Authorizing repair orders.
- 5+ years of Elevator industry experience is preferred; field experience is preferred.
- Be an organized self-starter with excellent time and project management skills
- Possess a strong technical background
- Have prior supervisory/management experience leading a technical team, preferably in a union environment
- Have strong communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively with people at multiple levels within the organization
- Possess strong listening, interpersonal and communication skills
- Have the ability to interpret basic financial statements and grasp profit and loss accountability
- Be results oriented
- Have a customer focused outlook
- Be a team player
- Have the initiative and motivation to be successful in a demanding, technical environment
- Be energetic and enthusiastic
- Will demonstrate strength in business judgment and decision making
- Posses excellent computer skills with full control of the Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, Access, Power Point)
Elevator industry experience or BS preferred.
A little about us:
Otis Elevator Company is the world's largest manufacturer and maintainer of people-moving products, including elevators, escalators and moving walkways - a constant, reliable name for more than 160 years.