Cummins Northwest has supplied service and support to the Pacific Northwest and Alaska for more than 70 years as the authorized distributor of Cummins products and services. A commitment to excellence is deeply rooted in our tradition of exceptional service. Our employees are dedicated to delivering the "Best Every Time, Every Day" with the goal of earning customers for life!
We take pride in providing an unmatched high caliber of service and support for Cummins engines, generators, filters, and related products that serve the varied needs of our territory. Crucial to accomplishing this is the energy and commitment of Cummins Northwest employees to the company.
We are looking for the right service manager in Portland.
As part of Cummins Northwest, we will add to your current skills by providing training, encouragement and growth within a teamwork environment. We invest in your professional growth by providing you with education and training opportunities to keep current on industry standards and products. You will gain valuable knowledge of the diesel engine industry and skills that will last a lifetime.
The benefits to joining Cummins are just beginning.
You will earn a salary commensurate with experience plus variable compensation plan. Bonus is based on how well Cummins does against financial targets. Our benefits include h ealth plans that are some of the best within the industry. You choose a plan that best fits you and your family.
Upon hire, employees accrue paid time off - up to 128 hours annually. Employees also receive 9 paid holidays, including the day after Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve and New Year's Eve. Employees also have access to:
- Dental plan
- Employee life and accidental death and dismemberment (AD & D)
- Dependent life insurance (optional)
- Short-term and long-term disability
- Flexible spending accounts
- Health saving account
- Pension plan.
- 401K, in addition to the pension plan. You can enroll in the 401K program at any time after your first week of employment.
- Employee stock purchase plan
What do you need to become a Cummins service manager? This leader will manage the Service Supervisors for both the In-Shop and Field Service Engine Technicians. Other duties include:
- Manages department personnel along with the departmental budget.
- Manages all operations including service staff and supervisors; resolves most complex business problems for those on the team.
- Provides employees timely and constructive performance feedback; develops employees and provides opportunities that enhance employee career growth.
- Leads continuous improvement activities by reviewing, changing, and improving processes in line with changing customer expectations/organizational goals.
- Regularly reviews key performance indicators for service operations and addresses issues and opportunities.
- Ensures the volume of work produced meets company standards and ensures customer satisfaction.
- Identifies trends and initiates changes/improvements necessary to achieve goals and objectives while ensuring customer needs are met without interruption to service levels.
- Established positive and professional working relationships with key customers.
- Establishes goals and targets for the service operations; measures, reviews and maintains superior customer satisfaction levels.
- Assists in the development of the Annual Operating Plan providing input to the Operation Manager; manages the shop and field service engine business to the Annual Operating Plan; monitors all appropriate business metrics including Branch scorecards, profit and loss metrics, and asset metrics.
- Manages customer satisfaction for the branch as measured by Net Promoter Score program; encourages a culture of customer service; recruits, develops, motivates, and retains high quality customer service employees and technicians.
- Manages warranty submission and rejection; develops an understanding of repetitive warranty issues and provides feedback to the organization to ensure product and service improvement; monitors Repair Event Cycle Time and implements improvements within the branches.
- Manages compliance and ensure a safety culture. Leads the Branch health, safety, and environmental standards and compliance; oversees health, safety, and environmental audits.
- HSE Leadership Focus (Health/Safety/Environment) - Continuous pursuit of incident-free workplace. The Service Manager is a visible champion of proper safety practices, supports existing tools and roll-out of HSE initiatives from DBU.
To succeed in this role, the service manager will have the following, ideal qualifications:
Performance Measurements - Using business performance measurement to drive manager behavior. Calculates performance measurement appropriately as part of their work. Can explain the proper interpretation of measures in a business context. Understands the underlying principles, techniques, and procedures. Is able to perform effectively with assistance from specialist.
Service Cross-Functional Knowledge - Basic understanding of the service processes, both retail and service support. Experience with the tools of service such as diagnostic procedures, technical support, and reliability improvement. User should have experience in field investigation of product failure. User should understand diagnostic procedures and how our product is serviced in the field.
Warranty/Policy Support - Aware of the corporate warranty system and Marketing structure basics to support OEMs, Distributors and End User customers to maintain excellent partnerships and relationships.
Focus on Customer Needs - Familiar with key Cummins customers. Knowledge would include business strategies, organizational structures, geographic footprints, financial results, internal processes, and primary needs for effective segmentation.
Manage Execution - Demonstrated results indicating deep knowledge of managing execution. Coordinates performance across regions, teams, and departments on complex projects and work flows. Measures effectiveness of execution through defined metrics and disciplined monitoring.
Claims Management Systems - Demonstrated knowledge of Cummins warranty systems and coverage's. Ability distinguish between warranty, policy, distributor liability, and customer liability.
Working Capital Management - Use working capital management knowledge appropriately as part of their work. Knowledge of the cash conversion cycle and how accounts receivables, accounts payable, and inventory effect the cycle as well as the techniques for improving working capital and the metrics that can be used to monitor performance. Is able to perform effectively under the guidance/limited assistance from functional specialist.
Channel Repair Process - QuickServe - Able to lead others in executing the QuickServe process. Demonstrate improvements using the QuickServe Customer Meter/Net Promoter Score data. Able to identify correlation between key service performance indicators and QuickServe Customer Meter to determine how well the process is being executed.
Education, Licenses, Certifications
College, university or equivalent degree required.
Significant level of relevant experience, including supervisory experience, required.
Cummins and E-verify
At Cummins, we are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer dedicated to diversity in the workplace. Our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified persons without regard to race, gender, color, disability, national origin, age, religion, union affiliation, sexual orientation, veteran status, citizenship, gender identity and/or expression, or other status protected by law. Cummins uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit www.dhs.gov/E-Verify .
Ready to lead? Apply for this opportunity and start your career with Cummins today.
No, this isn't one of those ordinary jobs.