What you will do
Responsible for Customer Service Department operation. Hiring, firing, performance appraisals, training and motivation of Field Service Supervisors, and internal Service Department personnel. Assures that Field Service Supervisors are adequately trained to safely perform their jobs in compliance with applicable safety codes. Responsible for scheduling Field Service Supervisors to field jobs for startup, warranty work, and paid service work. Responsible for development and maintenance of methods and systems for tracking costs of warranty and for minimizing these costs while maximizing customer satisfaction.
How you will do it
- Directly supervises 8-10 employees in Field Service and Customer Service-field. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws.
- Interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Talks with customers and resolves problems.
- Reviews customer requests for service to ascertain cause for service request, type of malfunction and customer address.
- Prepares schedules for service personnel, assigns personnel routes or specific repair and maintenance work.
- Contacts service personnel over radio or telephone to obtain or give information and directions regarding service or installation activities.
- Informs company of field problems.
- Develops and maintains methods and systems for tracking costs of warranty, minimizing costs, and maximizing customer satisfaction.
- Adheres to the Company's Code of Conduct and Business Ethics standards.
#external What we look forRequired
Who we are
- Travel up to 25%
- Requires an associate's degree or equivalent from college or technical school; related experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience. Requires five (5) years field and people management and ten (10) years refrigeration experience.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Suite Applications (Word, Excel, Access, and PowerPoint), as well as Internet software and E-mail is required.
At Johnson Controls, we're shaping the future to create a world that's safe, comfortable and sustainable. Our global team creates innovative, integrated solutions to make cities more connected, buildings more intelligent and vehicles more efficient. We are passionate about improving the way the world lives, works and plays. The future requires bold ideas, an entrepreneurial mind-set and collaboration across boundaries. You need a career focused on tomorrow. Tomorrow needs you.
Johnson Controls is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you are an individual with a disability and you need an accommodation during the application process please email SpecialAccommodations@Tyco.com
A little about us:
We’re shaping the future. Together, let’s make a world that’s safe, comfortable and sustainable. Tomorrow needs you.