We are Farmers!
Join a team of diverse professionals at Farmers to acquire skills on the job and apply your learned knowledge to future roles at Farmers. Farmers Insurance also offers extensive training opportunities through the award winning University of Farmers named by Training magazine amongst top 10 corporate training units in the world. Start your career at Farmers today! Job Summary
The Service Delivery Director provides value through his/her staff and works diligently to establish and communicate clear goals, priorities, and robust plans. This individual communicates (directly and indirectly) with Suppliers, peers, team associates, business units, senior business and Farmers’ management to resolve issues. Strong knowledge of the Service Management (ITIL) process, strong project management skills, and heavy experience in systems development are needed to successfully lead resources across a defined project or core support function. The resource must be well organized with good working knowledge of applications to effectively manage and communicate with multi-disciplinary teams that include business management and users, Suppliers and product providers as well as technical team members. The ability to work independently and handle a project through to completion is necessary in order to support multiple business unit objectives.
The Service Delivery Director proactively seeks opportunities to apply/suggest technology to business processes. The ability to communicate about business and systems strategic goals, projects in progress, and relevant critical issues is mandatory for success in this position.
Essential Job Functions
Key responsibilities of the Service Delivery Director include:
- Work Planning, Delivery & Performance Management : Establish clear priorities, develop robust implementation plans, oversee execution of plans through others, and ensure team or individual performance against defined objectives, commitments and standards.
- Team & Staff Development : Manage team member selection, development, growth, team-building and problem resolution within project, department or team. Create and support associate’s ability to grow through Development Plans.
- Fiscal Discipline : Direct project / sub-department / team budget development, management, tracking and allocation of spending.
65 % Duties:
- Contribution to Strategy : Establish short to medium-range plans for the work groups managed to achieve functional or cross-functional objectives. Influence organizational direction through issue identification and proposed strategies within defined area.
Management of the Service Operations Team
- Focus on resolving conflicts to ensure quality and timeliness of resolutions for all requests while creating an environment of partnering.
- Collaborate with various internal and external organizations to develop, manage and deliver requests serviced.
- Oversee the various projects conducted that impact the Infrastructure and Application environment of Farmers. This includes the management of the budgeting process and overseeing the delivery of all collaborative projects.
- Function as a strong and heavily experienced technology resource for use in managing, advising, and/or participating as a team member on projects for Farmers.
- Support the deployment of enterprise upgrades for the Technology and Application teams that impact Farmers.
- Support the detailed transition of new technology to the Farmers IT Operations team so that support can be maintained with minimal interaction from the Farmers Design & Engineering team members.
- Leverage past experiences to create “best practices” standards within Farmers.
- Develop strategy to improve customer experience, decrease costs and shorten implementation times.
- Assess and drive improved standards for the Infrastructure supported by Farmers.
- Communicate to the senior management and the general organization on the support efforts of project related items. Keep the organization aware of Incidents that are the result of Affiliate related support items.
- Lead Infrastructure Implementation team to review new project concept proposals and provide Infrastructure resource estimates.
35 % Duties:
Overall Expectation and Financial Responsibilities
- Manage associate performance for direct reports including coaching and mentoring; engage in goal setting and provides direction to guide staff.
- Manage associate development responsibilities including review of job description and expectations and targets for the coming year, performance appraisal using agreed upon performance metrics and targets, and individual development plans, as needed.
- Establish clear expectations and provide regular formal and informal feedback.
- Provide forecasting assumptions and estimates for annual project team budget and/or project budget which can span multiple years.
- Oversee the development of business case for new projects including expected project returns (e.g., ROI).
- Accurately allocate and/or reassign resources to achieve specific goals and outcomes.
- Ensure on-budget, within defined scope and quality for projects.
- Maintain Business focus by identifying Business needs, requirements and expectations.
- Ensure direct reports and other team members understand the Scorecard of Farmers and the CIO and/or the department as it relates to a given domain.
- Communicate influentially and gain buy-in on plans and goals that need to be achieved.
- Facilitate and engage in frequent communications between all key project parties including Businesses and other appropriate stakeholders.
- Be a change agent – impact teams and influence peers on goals/objectives, policies and processes and also build support for initiatives.
Required job duties are essentially sedentary work consisting of occasional walking, standing and lifting and/or carrying 10 lbs. maximum, and seeing.
Required job duties are normally performed in a climate controlled office environment.
Bachelors degree or equivalent or specific relevant experience
Level II: 10-15 years of experience in Info Technology; 3-5 years Management / Leadership
Special Skill Requirement
Must be able to travel globally Excellent verbal and written communication skills in local language Level-2: Able to take part in meetings and discussions and give information about own area of expertise, able to compose memos, simple letters and short texts. Farmers is an equal opportunity employer, committed to the strength of a diverse workforce.