Blizzard Entertainment's operations center is looking for a skilled service operations manager to help maintain Blizzard's worldwide IT services.The operations center serves as the focal point for all Blizzard IT Service Operations, including the core functions of Monitoring, RequestFulfillment, and Incident, Event, and Change Management, with service operations managers functioning as ambassadors for the on-boardingand continuous improvement of service operations performance.
The core skill sets for a service operations manager include strongcommunication, data analytics, and a high level understanding of ITIL Foundation, Six Sigma and Software Development Life-cycle.
The service operations manager position also relies on knowledge management skill sets as well as leadership skills such as training and mentoring. The operations center is a dynamic, fast-paced, high-reliability, 24 / 7 facility supporting one of the most complex and prolific gaming infrastructures on the planet. If you are a service operations manager with the skills and experience to thrive in this environment, read on.
- Liaise with IT and Program Managers, Service Owners, and Development teams in the on-boarding and management of services into Blizzard's Service Operations processes
- Promote and champion the benefits of Incident, Problem, Change, Request, Knowledge Management, CMDB and other IT Service Management processes
- Conduct training sessions for internal and external stakeholders on Service Operations processes and tooling
- Provide data and in depth analysis of Service Operations performance in team and executive level reviews
- Review service metrics (KPIs) to expose opportunities to coordinate the implementation of changes to Service Operations processes to improve satisfaction with and performance of services
- Ensure alignment of Service Operations processes to Blizzard and individual team needs
- Provide tactical and strategic recommendations based on Service Operations KPIs
- Conduct regular service performance reviews with Operations Center and Service Owners to facilitate improvement opportunities
- Coordinate inter-process changes with process owners and stakeholders
- Participate in production support and scheduled on-call responsibilities
- Bachelor's degree in the field of computer science, business administration and/or equivalent work experience
- 5 years of experience managing Enterprise IT Deliverables (Architecture, IT Operations/Engineering, ITSM, PMO, etc)
- 2 years of experience focused on Service Management, Continuous Improvement, and Analytics
- Experience using business analytics tools (Tablaeu, Greenblum, etc) and SQL/JQL/Data Modeling
- Experience crafting and maintaining documentation in a service-based organization
- Experience with creating process workflows and value stream analyses (BPMN, Microsoft Visio, Draw.io, Gliffy)
- Solid understanding of ITIL Framework, with focus on the Service Operations discipline
- Functional knowledge of Six Sigma and continuous improvement methodologies
- Functional knowledge of Project Management standards, including the Agile and Kanban methodologies
- Familiarity with the Software Development Life-cycle
- Available for occasional domestic and/or international travel
- Certification in ITIL v3, Six Sigma Green/Black Belt
- Experience with the administration and management of enterprise issue tracking software (JIRA, ServiceNow, Remedy)
- Experience with the administration and management of collaboration and documentation software (Confluence, MediaWiki, Drupal, Cisco Spark, Slack, HipChat)
- Experience with the management of an automated engagement engine (xMatters, PagerDuty, VictorOps, OpsGenie)
- Experience with developing and delivering presentations with Microsoft PowerPoint
- Passion for video games and technology!
A little about us:
Blizzard Entertainment is a premier developer/publisher of entertainment software, including World of Warcraft, StarCraft, Diablo, and Hearthstone.