Additional Location(s) or Information: Bay Area
Job Category: Marketing
Level of Experience: Experienced - Non Manager
Requisition #: R1024420
What You'll Do
As a seasoned marketing program manager you will define, lead and deliver strong customer focused content and high impact engagements (both digitally and in person events) for Global Service Provider campaigns. You will also assist and drive Strategic Marketing plans centered on service provider customers from Telcos, Cable operators, Media companies, Mobile players and Web/OTT companies.
The role will range from leveraging existing content and adapting it for additional customer and influencer engagements to researching, creating and delivering new content for a variety of audiences, both internal and external. You will develop this content in conjunction with a strong and actionable marketing strategy in collaboration with key business stakeholders across the engineering, sales, and solution/portfolio/partner marketing teams as well as product marketing and regional marketing teams. Much of your role will be to take high impact messaging and thought leadership content and look for innovative ways to amplify and expand it. Further, you will also be asked to support our SP Events team as they plan and execute high impact events around the world.
Specifically, you will need to:
• Understand the Service Provider (Telecoms) business landscape, including challenges and opportunities that our SP customers currently face and effectively communicate the way forward.
• Strategically plan and deliver content with defined messaging for a variety of SP related areas
• Develop key pieces of content that engage specific target audiences. This may include but not limited to deliverables such as blogs, infographics, FAQs, Executive Messaging guides, presentations (Keynote/PPT, etc.) and social media content.
• Ensure consistency in messaging and positioning across the different marketing, sales and communications functions.
• Develop business outcome based value propositions in line with customer care- abouts, which would be validated with key stakeholders.
• Partner with cross-functional stakeholders to determine and execute field and customer ready campaigns including all related communications and implementation plans.
• Determine the most effective communication channels to successfully reach target audiences, while supporting company plans and brand guidelines.
• Collaborate with peers and counterparts to influence productive activities and deliverables to be integrated into cohesive execution plans.
• Gather feedback and assess effectiveness of programs to the Field through qualitative and quantitative measurement; act on feedback and assessments to improve communications.
Who You'll Work With
You will be working with a group of dedicated pros who bring their best to work every day. They understand the market, are excited about our opportunities as a group and have a passion for customer-focused marketing. We have people just a few years out of college all the way to professionals with 20+ years' experience. Some on our team are bring deep technical experience and others bring global business, communication and marketing skills. Our team has people who come into the office every day and some who work mostly from their homes, which are located around the world. We operate as a team with trust and compassion for each other, but drive hard for results and impact.
Who You Are
To be successful in this role, you'll have this kind of profile:
• 6-9-years of experience demonstrating strong marketing, communication, program management and strategic positioning skills.
• Degree in Marketing or related field required
• Background in and working knowledge of telecommunications/SP market a must
• Strategic thinking with ability to execute and attend to detail.
• Experience developing effective campaign planning tactics and impactful leadership techniques.
• Proven ability to transform conceptual ideas across multiple formats, how they work together and how they will be brought to life.
• Work with third parties where required to represent organizations requirements and oversee third party content creation.
• Excellent communication skills using standard office tools like PowerPoint, Keynote, Excel, etc.
• Proven ability to take lots of complex information and synthesize it down to high impact, succinct messaging for specific audience profiles
• Strong leadership, negotiation and decision making skills.
• Ability to balance quality of work with deadlines, to identify risk issues affecting work progress and to recommend solutions.
• Excellent communications skills including strong presentation development skills and the ability to communicate effectively with all levels of management.
• Excellent follow-through with attention to detail, flexible in a fast-paced, changing environment and works independently
• Work collaboratively with global and regional teams to share best practices
• Solid project management skills, must be able to manage multiple projects simultaneously
We connect everything: people, processes, data, and things. We innovate everywhere, taking bold risks to shape the technologies that give us smart cities, connected cars, and handheld hospitals. And we do it in style with unique personalities who aren't afraid to change the way the world works, lives, plays and learns.
We are thought leaders, tech geeks, pop culture aficionados, and we even have a few purple haired rock stars. We celebrate the creativity and diversity that fuels our innovation. We are dreamers and we are doers.
We Are Cisco
Job Type: Experienced
Opportunity Category: *None
A little about us:
We are one, big, techie, employee tribe that changes the world while having fun.