This position's responsibilities, as part of the Service Provider Management (SPM) team, will include identifying, qualifying, and on-boarding new service providers, negotiating menu-based pricing for a preferred service provider network, evaluating service provider performance and ensuring they are delivering our desired customer experience, and resolving billing/payment issues.
- Identifying, qualifying, and on-boarding new service providers
- Negotiating menu-based pricing for a preferred service provider network
- Evaluating service provider performance and ensuring they are delivering our desired customer experience, and resolving billing/payment issues.
- Analysis of the marketplace will be involved to identify low coverage markets as well as research to identify potential service providers with key skillsets.
- Receiving and processing returned service provider packages, entering new suppliers into the system, and updating the service provider database.
- Other duties include developing and producing service provider performance reporting and communicating with the outside service provider network regarding their performance.
- Audit targeted spend to ensure the service providers are complying with negotiated rates.
- Identify new cost control focus areas (towing, jump starts, lock outs, winch outs) and the strategies around those focus areas.
- Negotiating credits with service providers as necessary.
- Other projects as identified by the Supervisor
- Demonstrated negotiation and influencing skills
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Mechanical background and/or technical school is preferred
- High motivation, leadership, and influencing skills
- Strong interpersonal and facilitation skills
- Proactive self-starter and change agent
- Ability to build relationships and communicate effectively across all organizational levels, departments, and functions.
- Proven project management and process improvement skills
- Aptitude with analytical tools (Excel, Access); specific skills should include: data-mining, pivot tables, and data manipulation
- Ability to perform analysis and strategy development around specific cost control targets
- Demonstrated technical aptitude
- Demonstrated financial aptitude and ability to perform cost assessments and analysis
- Green Belt certified preferred
- High School diploma required; Bachelor's Degree preferred
-The physical and mental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
-The associate will be required to: read; communicate verbally and/or in written form; remember and analyze certain information; and remember and understand certain instructions or guidelines.
-While performing the duties of this job, the associate may be required to stand, walk, and sit. The associate is frequently required to use hands to touch, handle, and feel, and to reach with hands and arms. The associate must be able to occasionally lift and/or move up to 25lbs/12kg.
-Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
Penske is an Equal Opportunity Employer, including individuals with disabilities and protected veterans.
Work Location: 2675 Morgantown Rd Reading PA 19603
Schedule: Monday - Friday 8-5
About Penske Truck Leasing
Penske Truck Leasing Co., L.P., headquartered in Reading, Pennsylvania, is a partnership of Penske Corporation, Penske Automotive Group, and Mitsui & Co., Ltd. A leading global transportation services provider, Penske operates more than 260,000 vehicles, employs more than 29,000 people, and serves customers from more than 1,000 locations in North America, South America, Europe, Australia, and Asia. Product lines include full-service truck leasing, contract maintenance, commercial and consumer truck rentals, used truck sales, transportation and warehousing management and supply chain management solutions. Visit http://www.GoPenske.com to learn more.
A little about us:
Penske Truck Leasing and Penske Logistics proudly recruits and hires veterans nationwide. We’re annually listed on the Victory Media Top 100 Military-Friendly Employer list (they publish G.I. Jobs and Military Spouse magazines). Last year, 13 percent of new hires were veterans. The company is actively hiring truck drivers, truck maintenance and logistics operations personnel. We are a leading global transportation services provider, offering full-service truck leasing, contract maintenance, commercial and consumer truck rentals, used truck sales, transportation and warehousing management and supply chain management solutions.