Service Review Unit - Business Analyst The Business Analyst will work closely with Regional and complex teams in addition to internal departments to provide support through various systems to ensure disbursement activity has been appropriately approved . Act as point of contact between assigned Region(s) and the SRU. Work closely with Regional Leaders and Associates to resolve issues encountered during disbursement request processing and reporting reviews. A SRU Business Analyst will report directly to the SRU Business Manager. Business Analysts will serve as backup to Regional Leaders when Regional Leader is out of the office.
• Primary responsibility for reviewing next day disbursement reports for assigned regions with focus on consistency, quality, and compliance with firm policies and procedures
• Provide feedback to Regional Leaders on performance of Associates. Provide coaching to Associates as needed. Conduct Performance Reviews in conjunction with Regional Leader and identify developmental needs for staff
• Responsible for maintaining service level agreements in assigned Regions. Allocate resources as needed.
• Participate in recruitment and hiring of permanent, temporary and part-time employees
• Provide world class customer service to both field facing and internal counterparts in all interactions
• Process and follow up on phone or email inquiries from assigned Region(s) to ensure completion in a timely manner
• Identify opportunities and provide solutions to improve efficiencies and process improvements. Ability to handle a high volume of requests in a fast paced environment across multiple time zones
• Participate and manage projects with a focus on process improvement, efficiencies, and policy consistency.
• Apply firm verification policies for all clients to avoid identity theft and fraudulent activity
• Keep current on SEC/FINRA, Compliance and firm guidelines and policy and procedure changes and apply to processing and all interaction to ensure risk mitigation
• Some travel required
• Other duties as assigned
Education, Experience, Knowledge and Skills: • 2-5 years industry experience
• Series 7 required
• Evidence of strong leadership capabilities or previous supervisory experience
• College preferred or equivalent experience
• Basic knowledge of Morgan Stanley systems and Microsoft Suite
• Excellent interpersonal and client service skills
• Basic clerical, administrative and organizational skills
• Attention to detail and excellent follow up skills
• Highly effective written and verbal communication skills
• Focused intent on Customer Service Satisfaction
• Ability to research and resolve service inquiries
• Know when to escalate an item to mitigate risk
• Self-motivated and able to work in a fast paced environment
A little about us:
Since its founding in 1935, Morgan Stanley and its people have helped redefine the meaning of financial services.