What you will do
Johnson Controls is a global leader in the design, manufacture, installation, and service of a comprehensive array of networked and integrated fire alarm and suppression, security, and communications systems. Our continued success and growth has produced a need for a SSE Service Sales Executive. The primary function of this position is to promote and sell service agreements for commercial building systems products to include fire alarm, suppression, sprinkler, security, sound, communication and inspections. Determine customer needs and develop sales strategies to meet those objectives. Close sufficient sales to meet sales plan objectives. Develop a positive ongoing relationship with customers. Develop and maintain an active proposal backlog that will support the sales plan. Conduct building surveys to support the development of estimates.
How you will do it
What we look for
- Establish contact with prospect and qualify potential buyers of service contracts by scheduling sales calls, following up of leads and utilizing outlined marketing strategies.
- Determine customer needs and develop a sales strategy to gain customer understanding of company service offerings.
- Close sufficient sales to meet sales plan objectives.
- Develop and maintain an active proposal backlog that will support achieving the designed sales plan.
- Conduct building surveys to support the development of estimates.
- Maintain correct and complete records of all sales related activities.
- Submit all required sales reports, expenses, competitive activity and correspondence in an accurate and timely manner.
- Develop a positive ongoing relationship with customers to ensure that Johnson Controls is meeting their requirements to ensure long-term customer loyalty.
- Support the service department to generate leads for service or equipment/device upgrades.
- Performs other duties as required.
- Must have excellent communication skills; have the ability to persuade and close sales.
- Must have ability to handle a variety of situations encountered during sales process.
- Must be able to work with minimal supervision.
- Bachelor degree in a technical or business discipline preferred or equivalent experience.
- One to three years of sales experience in a related business with a proven successful record of accomplishment that is verifiable.
- Excellent communication skills; must have the ability to persuade and close sales and have the ability to handle a variety of situations encountered during sales process and disciplined to work with limited supervision.
Johnson Controls is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. For more information, please view EEO is the Law. If you are an individual with a disability and you require an accommodation during the application process, please visit www.johnsoncontrols.com/tomorrowneedsyou.