Suppression Systems Sales Executive What you will do
Our continued growth has produced a need for a talented Suppression Systems Sales Executive to join our team. In this challenging and rewarding role the responsibilities will include professionally representing the Company with respect to the promotion and sale of Fire Suppression Systems offerings to various customers and end users within assigned territory and accounts. How you will do it
What we look for
- Field sales position responsible for selling suppression systems, products, and services to assigned customer base (including but not limited to kitchen hoods and other pre-engineered systems, Inergen, Co2, Sapphire, and other clean agent systems).
- Manage the entire sales process, from uncovering opportunity, developing solution/value proposition, preparing design, creating contract, negotiating terms, closing opportunities, and providing on-going customer service through service delivery
- Work with other sales, technical, design engineering, service, support, and management to meet customer needs
- May specialize on project type, customer type (contractor/bid or end-user), or sales strategy (new or existing customers)
- Determine customer needs and develop a sales strategy to gain customer understanding of company product offerings
- Close sales to meet or exceed sales plan objectives.
- Develop and maintain an active proposal backlog that will support achieving the designated sales plan.
- Assume account management responsibility including the provision and/or coordination of services (installation, customer training, etc.) to assure complete customer satisfaction.
- Develop financial justifications, prepare proposals, make presentations, and perform necessary follow-up for successful closing of the sales.
- Arrange for and/or coordinate delivery and installation.
- Investigate and resolve customer problems in regard to delivery dates, billings, financing and other related matters.
- Maintain established accounts through regular customer contact in pursuit of additional sales.
- Perform periodic market investigations within as assigned territory to develop new applications; provide sales forecasting for assigned territory.
- Conduct building surveys to support the development of estimates.
- Maintain correct and complete records of all sales related activities.
- Submit all required sales reports, expenses, competitive activity and correspondence in an accurate and timely manner.
- Develop a positive ongoing relationship with customers to ensure that SimplexGrinnell is meeting their requirements to ensure long-term customer loyalty.
- Support the Service Department towards achieving customer excellence, as well as working with other departments to generate leads for service or equipment / device upgrades.
Who we are
- Associates degree in a technical or business discipline or equivalent experience in the fire suppression business.
- One to Three Years of Sales Experience in a business with a proven successful record of accomplishment that is verifiable or a recent college graduate with1-2 extra-curricular activities or internships with roles demonstrating entrepreneurial and/or leadership abilities.
- Excellent communication skills with strong presentation skills.
- Must have the ability to persuade and close sales.
- Must have the ability to handle a variety of situations encountered during sales process, disciplined to work with limited supervision, and work as port of a team.
- Ability to achieve sales quota, as well as implement service sales strategy to exceed goals.
- Ability to write sales plans.
- Must be a self-starter.
- Ability to follow-up.
- Ability to make cold calls.
- Able to work accurately with numbers.
- MS office and internet skills a must.
- Experience with a CRM tool is a plus.
At Johnson Controls, we're shaping the future to create a world that's safe, comfortable and sustainable. Our global team creates innovative, integrated solutions to make cities more connected, buildings more intelligent and vehicles more efficient. We are passionate about improving the way the world lives, works and plays. The future requires bold ideas, an entrepreneurial mind-set and collaboration across boundaries. You need a career focused on tomorrow. Tomorrow needs you.
Johnson Controls offers a highly competitive compensation and benefits plan including medical, dental, prescription coverage, flexible spending accounts, paid life insurance, matching 401(k), ongoing training, tuition reimbursement and more. Being a part of a global company like Johnson Controls affords you exposure to global career pathing opportunities.
JCI is an EEO/AA/Female/Minority/Veteran/Disability Employer.