343 Industries, the game studio developing Halo games, is looking for a Service Developer to join our team working on the next, big Halo shooter experience. We are seeking talented, experienced developers who want to redefine the Halo experience through the application of modern cloud service technologies.
The Halo Game Services team builds cloud services that drive many aspects of the game, including in-game economies and commerce, player statistics, user generated content, matchmaking, and game content management. We follow an agile, iterative, and quality driven software development lifecycle. We value development of unit and acceptance tests as part of feature development. We embrace DevOps and build our features to be supportable and easy to troubleshoot. We believe that main should always be shippable and features should get to our customers as frequently as possible, with all of our services getting deployed to production weekly.
In addition to the standard Microsoft C#/.Net tech stack, you’d be working with a broad set of other service technologies including:
• Distributed Actor Model (Orleans)
• NoSQL data management (Azure Table, Azure Cosmos DB, Redis)
• Streaming Telemetry (Azure Event Hub)
• Streaming Analytics (Trill)
• Online Gaming Platforms (Xbox Live)
• Search (Azure Search)
• Exemplary design and problem-solving skills, with a proven track record of delivering large-scale distributed systems
• Minimum 3 years of coding experience in C# or similar OOP language
• Minimum 2 years of experience building and supporting REST-based services
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Curiosity and willingness to learn, share and improve
• Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science or a related field
• Development using Azure technologies
• Experience with client/server performance optimization
• Experience building WPF or Web based tools
• Game development experience
• Experience providing DevOps for a large-scale services organization
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
A little about us:
Microsoft offers training and employment opportunities to help you turn your military experience and skills into a civilian technology career.