What you will do
As the leader in the fire protection and security industry, we've been keeping homes and buildings safe for decades. But we're always looking for ways to do more. And as we look to make our systems and technologies even smarter and more connected, it's vital that we have talented Fire Protection specialists on hand to make sure our solutions are always at their best.
This is your opportunity to make a contribution to the world around you, to add real value to our customers, and to help us deliver solutions that will have a lasting impact. How you will do it
- Service Technicians respond to calls from Service Resource Center.
- Contact customer representative and ascertain equipment/systems problems.
- Diagnose problems and perform service and repairs on electronic fire alarm systems and other related building system products at customer sites. Follow prescribed troubleshooting procedures and refer to technical manuals, part manuals, change notices and bulletins/ modification notices.
- Service, troubleshoot and install many different manufacturers' Fire & Life Safety systems including SimplexGrinnell. Read and interpret blueprints, diagrams, submittals, specifications software/systems, programs, schematics and operational product manuals.
Obtain customer signature upon completed service call assignment. Participate in a scheduled On-call rotation. Perform other duties as assigned
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- 3+ years' documented experience in low voltage electrical systems, including Fire/Life Safety systems, Access Control, Nurse Call, and Paging systems.
- Experience in reading and interpreting blueprints, submittals, and operational/product manuals.
- Knowledge of test equipment, multi-meter, digital analyzer, and commissioning devices.
- NICET Level II certification preferred.
- Capable of performing physical labor to include carrying and moving equipment and tools up to 50-70 lbs.
- Able to work in unusual and sometimes difficult position such as climbing ladders, scaffolding and high lift equipment up to 40 feet, working within ducts, crawl spaces, above ceilings, etc.
- Ability to work flexible hours including weekends to meet customer requirements. Overnight travel may be required.
- Demonstrate a high level of customer service.
- Ability to adhere to, implement, and follow safety guidelines and procedures at all times. Strong organizational skills, positive attitude, and an ability to learn
- Retain any licenses that are required by National, State and Local codes.
- Completion of SimplexGrinnell Basic Fire Alarm & 4100ES training within 12 months
Possess a valid driver's license and driving record that meets company requirements
A little about us:
We’re shaping the future. Together, let’s make a world that’s safe, comfortable and sustainable. Tomorrow needs you.