Baxter provides a broad portfolio of essential renal and hospital products, including home, acute and in-center dialysis; sterile IV solutions; infusion systems and devices; parenteral nutrition; surgery products and anesthetics; and pharmacy automation, software and services. The company's global footprint and the critical nature of its products and services play a key role in expanding access to healthcare in emerging and developed countries. Baxter's employees worldwide are building upon the company's rich heritage of medical breakthroughs to advance the next generation of healthcare innovations that enable patient care. Description
This position is responsible for the safe delivery and pick up of products for kidney dialysis patients and dialysis clinics utilizing a Class B CDL vehicle. Additional duties include but not limited to, residential and commercial delivery of products, inventory management, vehicle maintenance, warehouse duties, and ability to provide exceptional customer services to all internal and external customers in a prompt and professional manner. It should be noted that this position requires early departures and varying work hours, often times requiring an overnight stay. Essential Duties & Responsibilities
Physical Context Work Environment
- Driving a CDL straight truck - 35-45%
- Delivering Supplies - 30%
- Rotating Supplies - 5%
- Inventory Checks - 3%
- Loading trucks (varies with location) - 5%
- Vehicle Inspections - 2%
- Paperwork/computer entry - 5%
- Picking up supplies for return to warehouse -5%
- This position is primarily heavy physical work with frequent lifting
- Carrying objects 25-37 pounds or more on a repetitive basis.
- An average delivery consists of 30 cases, at 824 pounds. Each case is lifted from the floor of the truck, or a stack, (possibly chest high), and placed on a hand truck, wheeled into a patient's home, then lifted off the hand truck and placed on the floor, or lifted onto an existing stack.
- In a warehouse 15%, in truck driving 40%, in patients home making deliveries 45%
Qualifications for this role
- Driving a truck in variable weather conditions
- Pushing and pulling a hand truck loaded (total weight of 165-200 lbs)
- Some are dead lifts up stairs, into basements, attics, or into a garage Often requires pulling out an aluminum ramp or liftgate from the truck
- Manual lifting of cartons
This is a Field Distribution position of the Renal Division of Baxter HealthCare Corporation.
A Career that Matters
- Incumbent must work closely with internal and external customers.
- Position requires professionalism and courtesy in all phases of the job.
- Following Standard Operating Procedures and safe driving practices are essential.
- This position requires driving a CDL vehicle 6-12 hours a day, inventory management, physical capability to hand carry of stock due to elevator failure or customer preference, accurate record keeping and compliance of all Department of Transportation (DOT) rules and regulations as well as adherence to all Baxter policies and procedures
Baxter's employees are united in a mission to save and sustain lives. We are passionate about applying scientific innovation to meet the needs of the millions of people worldwide who depend on our medically necessary therapies and technologies. We focus on increasing access to healthcare, innovating in crucial areas of unmet need, and pursuing creative collaborations that bring our mission to life for patients every day. Equal Employment Opportunity
Baxter is an equal opportunity employer. Baxter evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, disability/handicap status or any other legally protected characteristic.
EEO is the Law
EEO is the law - Poster Supplement
Pay Transparency Policy
Baxter is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please send an email to Corporate_Staffing_Deerfield@baxter.com or call 877-229-4748 (877-BaxHR4U) and let us know the nature of your request along with your contact information.
A little about us:
Our employees are connected by an enduring commitment to save and sustain lives. This higher purpose binds us in doing work that matters.