Johnson and Johnson Application Services is seeking a Service Specialist - Release Manager to join our team in Tampa, FL. We develop, design and deliver high quality business applications, software solutions and services to meet J&J business technology requirements. It is an open and highly collaborative environment based on LEAN principles with a strong emphasis on continuous integration, automated testing and continuous delivery. Scrum teams are encouraged to be self-organizing and autonomous.
With $71.9 billion in 2016 sales, Johnson & Johnson is the world's most comprehensive and broadly based manufacturer of health care products, as well as a provider of related services, for the consumer, pharmaceutical, and medical devices and diagnostics markets. There are more than 265 Johnson & Johnson operating companies employing approximately 126,500 people and with products touching the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world.
Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. Proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
The Release Manager will be responsible for the planning and oversight of all phases of release management for the key Sales Force Effectiveness (SFE) platforms, including Salesforce.com, Optymyze and Pros. The Release Manager will work cross functionally to understand demand and coordinate efforts across various projects and delivery teams through the entire delivery life cycle. Additionally, the Release Manager will be responsible for all environment management duties such as refresh schedules, oversight of deployment activities, capacity planning, etc. As a critical member of the Sales Force Effectiveness (SFE) team, the Release Manager will be expected to drive best practices in environment and release management as well as recommendation for process improvement. The Release Manager will also be responsible for working with the various Governance Teams in addition to acting as the lead for all.
• Responsible for coordinating / deploying releases of the software.
• Work on automation of the provisioning of servers, deployment of code and general configuration management.
• Manage source code for branch and merge strategy.
• Architect and design continuous delivery process and automation with Jenkins.
• Work with project managers, other architects and team leads and come up with the decision for the need of code branches.
• Collaborate as a member of an agile team to get products developed and completed with best in class software development/deployment.
• Accountable for all aspects of a release plan and support transition plan/production readiness checklist (ensuring that no projects release faulty software into production).
• Build consistent release management processes across the SFE organization to ensure they are adopted across the major platforms. Build processes and metrics to monitor adoption.
• Captures customer insights to improve Sales Force Effectiveness Services throughout delivery, and delivers continuous improvement recommendations to service owners.
• May conduct impact analysis on process/tools coming from new/enhanced services.
• Perform other work related duties as assigned.
• A Bachelors’ degree is strongly preferred.
• Minimum of 3 years of professional IT experience in software development lifecycle is required, preferably in a large global environment.
• Minimum of one year of experience in version control systems (preferably GIT), incident tracking tools (eg: JIRA) and build/deployment tools (eg: Jenkins,) is required.
• Minimum 2 years of experience of managing releases on large, global platforms is required.
• Minimum 2 years of experience in release management in a SalesForce.com environment is required.
• Experience in Continuous Integration and delivery process is required
• Results driven, quick learner, and a self-starter required.
• Exposure to Apex and Visualforce development is preferred.
• Certifications in Salesforce Administrator (ADM 201) or Salesforce Advanced Administrator (ADM 301) is preferred.
• Pros and/or Optymyze application Knowledge is preferred.
Johnson & Johnson Services Inc. (6090)Job Function
Info TechnologyRequisition ID
Johnson & Johnson cares for the world - bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people.