Baxter International Inc. provides a broad portfolio of essential renal and hospital products, including home, acute and in-center dialysis; sterile IV solutions; infusion systems and devices; parenteral nutrition; biosurgery products and anesthetics; and pharmacy automation, software and services. The company's global footprint and the critical nature of its products and services play a key role in expanding access to healthcare in emerging and developed countries. Baxter's employees worldwide are building upon the company's rich heritage of medical breakthroughs to advance the next generation of healthcare innovations that enable patient care.
- This position is responsible for the safe delivery and pick up of products for kidney dialysis patients and dialysis clinics utilizing a Class B CDL vehicle. Additional duties include but not limited to, residential and commercial delivery of products, inventory management, vehicle maintenance, warehouse duties, and ability to provide exceptional customer services to all internal and external customers in a prompt and professional manner. It should be noted that this position requires early departures and varying work hours, often times requiring an overnight stay.
- Competitive starting salary
Nature and Scope:
- This is a Field Distribution position of the Renal Division of Baxter HealthCare Corporation. Incumbent must work closely with internal and external customers. Position requires professionalism and courtesy in all phases of the job. Following Standard Operating Procedures and safe driving practices are essential. This position requires driving a CDL vehicle 6-12 hours a day, inventory management, physical capability to hand carry of stock due to elevator failure or customer preference, accurate record keeping and compliance of all Department of Transportation (DOT) rules and regulations as well as adherence to all Baxter policies and procedures.
Essential Job Functions:
- Driving a CDL straight truck 35-45%
- Delivering Supplies 30%
- Rotating Supplies 05%
- Inventory Checks 03%
- Loading trucks-varies with location 05%
- Vehicle Inspections 02%
- Paperwork/computer entry 05%
- Picking up supplies for return to warehouse 05%
Physical Context Work Environment:
- This position is primarily heavy physical work with frequent lifting; carrying objects 25-37 pounds or more on a repetitive basis. An average delivery consists of 30 cases, at 824 pounds. Each case is lifted from the floor of the truck, or a stack, (possibly chest high), and placed on a hand truck, wheeled into a patient's home, then lifted off the hand truck and placed on the floor, or lifted onto an existing stack. In a warehouse 15% In truck driving 40% In patients home making deliveries 45%
- Hazards Include: driving a truck in variable weather conditions, pushing and pulling a hand truck loaded (total weight of 165-200 lbs) some are dead lifts up stairs, into basements, attics, or into a garage, often requires pulling out an aluminum ramp or liftgate from the truck and manual lifting of cartons
- Age 21 years with a minimum of a high school graduation or equivalent
- Minimum of 2 years driving and delivery experience utilizing comparable equipment
- Minimum of Class B Commercial Driver's License with air brakes and manual transmission
- Ability to understand and adhere to all state and federal laws and DOT requirements
- Responsible for verifying orders for accuracy during all phases of loading and delivery
- Maintaining maintenance logs and DVIR (Driver vehicle inspection reports) for all vehicles as well as ensuring cleanliness of delivery vehicles. Warehouse duties to include loading and unloading of company vehicles, operating Material handling equipment.
- Excellent communication skills are essential
- May require overnight stays in certain locations
- Must pass DOT examination requirements and random drug screening
- Must pass physical agility test
- The ability to see 20 feet or more, 20 inches or less and judge distances and space relatively. The ability to see peripherally and to adjust vision to bring objects into focus. Adequate color discrimination to read labels and identify traffic signals
- Regular attendance is necessary to perform essential functions of the job. From time to time, incumbent's supervisor may assign additional unlisted duties/responsibilities on a temporary basis depending on business needs.
- Math and computer skills are required for calculation / computer entry
- Experience with electronic logs and or on board vehicle computers systems
Safety is an essential function of every Baxter employee. Service Specialists are required to:
Equal Employment Opportunity
- Understand and follow (DOT) requirements
- Achieve passing grade on the annual DOT test
- Demonstrate knowledge of Emergency Response Guidebook and other emergency supplies and equipment.
- Work in a safe manner, obeying rules of the road and other regulatory requirements
- Follow safety rules including equipment use and driving procedures outlined by Baxter
- Comply with docking, loading and unloading procedures
- Successfully complete annual training and testing for material handling equipment.
- Understand hazards of products on the vehicle
- Understand labeling requirements
- Report all accidents, incidents, spills, equipment failures and significant near misses to Regional Operations Manager or designee within 24 hours
- Promptly report safety concerns or serious safety conditions to their Regional Operations Manager or designee
Baxter is an equal opportunity employer. Baxter evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, disability/handicap status or any other legally protected characteristic.
EEO is the Law
EEO is the law - Poster Supplement
Pay Transparency Policy Reasonable Accommodations
Baxter is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please send an e-mail to Corporate_Staffing_Deerfield@baxter.com
or call 877-229-4748 (877-BaxHR4U) and let us know the nature of your request along with your contact information.
A little about us:
Our employees are connected by an enduring commitment to save and sustain lives. This higher purpose binds us in doing work that matters.