Cummins is a place big enough to coach and develop a global workforce and create the world's leading clean, engine technology. We're also small enough for you to find your fit and personal passion with a team of dependable, innovative thinkers who are developing their careers within a diverse, inclusive, empowering environment.
Learn more about this role and how you can begin Working Right.
Cummins delivers reliable, durable, high performing products to our global partners. Working in an innovative space, you'll develop high tech solutions that will fuel your advanced career skill set and empower you to own your career. Our integrated businesses demand the talents and creativity of individuals with a wide range of skills and experience.
This is an exciting opportunity in Sparks, NV for a Service Supervisor.
Your impact will happen in these and other ways:
- Supervises employees who install, service, and repair equipment and machinery.
- Supervises Service Technicians and/or Service Team Leaders; coordinates and schedules Technician work schedules; communicates repair plans to Technicians aligned with customer quotes; monitors Technician productivity and repair quality.
- Provides coaching and feedback to individual Service Technicians and/or Service Team Leaders; provides performance reviews and opportunities for professional growth.
- Provides first level of support to Service Technicians requiring assistance; escalates technical support needs for resolution when needed.
- Manages service logistics including use of materials, equipment, and employees ensuring safety, quality, and efficient operations
- Develop and/or reviews quotes for accuracy prior to communication to customers; provides updates on repair status and any plan or schedule changes.
- Participates in continuous improvement activities by reviewing, changing, and improving processes in line with changing customer expectations/organizational goals.
- Monitors the status of open repairs with technicians; addresses issues that impact completion of the repair plan in the time quoted to customers.
- Monitors goals and targets for the branch; measures, reviews, and maintains superior customer satisfaction levels.
- Resolves customer concerns related to Cummins or distributor warranties; develops strong relationships with key customers through frequent and professional communication.
Skills and Experience Required:
- Channel Repair Process - QuickServe - Able to lead others in executing the QuickServe process. Demonstrate improvements using the QuickServe Customer Meter/Net Promoter Score data. Able to identify correlation between key service performance indicators and QuickServe Customer Meter to determine how well the process is being executed.
- Service Cross Functional Knowledge - Basic understanding of the service processes, both retail and service support. Experience with the tools of service such as diagnostic procedures, technical support, and reliability improvement. User should have experience in field investigation of product failure. User should understand diagnostic procedures and how our product is serviced in the field.
- Communication - Written and Verbal - Is able to effectively and clearly communicate in both written and verbal means.
- Analyze Issues - Understanding of how to analyze issues. Demonstrates use of analysis skills to learn and analyze information in a timely way. Applies accurate logic in solving problems.
- Manage Execution - Solid understanding of how to manage execution. Manages the performance of self and others through the use of structured tools. Delegates effectively and regularly with solid support and follow through. Uses defined processes to manage execution.
- Claims Management System - Awareness of the Claims Management Systems. Also has some knowledge of Cummins products and their respective warranty coverage's. Familiarization with the Warranty Administration Manual, campaigns, Temporary Repair Practices, and warranty alerts.
- Focus on Customer Needs - Familiar with key Cummins customers. Knowledge would include business strategies, organizational structures, geographic footprints, financial results, internal processes, and primary needs for effective segmentation.
Intermediate level of relevant work experience, including team leadership experience, required.
Additional Responsibilities Unique to this Position
Candidate must meet all eligibility requirements to drive a Company vehicle, including but not limited to:
Must have a current, valid driver's license issued by the state in which they reside.
Must have current motor vehicle liability insurance.
No convictions for any driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs charges (DUI) within prior 5 years.
No greater than three (3) moving violations within prior 12 month period.
No greater than 2 avoidable accidents on MVR within prior 3 years.
Candidate must be able to pass pre-employment drug testing and meet all physical requirements for the position.
If selected, candidates must consider this position as primary employment and hold no other jobs with this Company's competitors, customers, or suppliers.
Must be able to lift 50 pounds occasionally.
Must be able to stand on feet for long periods of time.
Must have the physical ability to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) Protective Glasses and Protective Footwear as required.
Required Education, Licenses or Certifications:
Technical trade school degree or equivalent education, or equivalent experience required.
Compensation and Benefits:
Base Salary commensurate with experience. Additional benefits vary between locations and include options such as our 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan, Cash Balance Pension Plan, Medical/Dental/Life Insurance, Health Savings Account, Domestic Partners Coverage and a full complement of personal and professional benefits.
Cummins and E-verify:
At Cummins, we are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer dedicated to diversity in the workplace. Our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified persons without regard to race, gender, color, disability, national origin, age, religion, union affiliation, sexual orientation, veteran status, citizenship, gender identity and/or expression, or other status protected by law. Cummins validates right to work using E-Verify. Cummins will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to confirm work authorization.
Ready to think beyond your desk? Apply for this opportunity to start your career with Cummins today. careers.cummins.com
Not ready to apply but want to learn more? Join our Talent Community to get the inside track on great jobs and confidentially connect to our recruiting team: http://connect.find.ly/cummins