No, this isn't one of those ordinary jobs.
Cummins is a team of dependable, innovative thinkers, who are empowered to generate and deliver solutions for customers, community, and environment. Our employees develop their careers through the challenges only a diverse, global innovator can promise. This is a collaborative culture where thinking beyond your desk is more than part of the job. It is the job.
This is what we call Working Right.
Cummins is looking for an extraordinary Service Supervisor in Nashville, TN. As part of Cummins, we will add to your current skills by providing training, encouragement and growth within a teamwork environment. We invest in your professional growth by providing you with education and training opportunities to keep current on industry standards and products. You will gain valuable knowledge of the diesel engine industry and skills that will last a lifetime .
A commitment to excellence is deeply rooted in Cummins tradition of exceptional service. Our employees are dedicated to delivering the "Best Every Time, Every Day" with the goal of earning customers for life!
We take pride in providing an unmatched high caliber of service and support for Cummins engines, generators, filters, and related products that serve the varied needs of our customers. Crucial to accomplishing this is the energy and commitment of Cummins employees to the company. Responsibilities:
- Serve as key customer contact to promote quality customer service and increase business within the branch location.
- Assesses customer's needs, gathers pertinent information, and opens work orders, provides quotes, develops claims, prepares repair plans, schedules work, and provides status updated to customers on repair work in the shop.
- Develops diagnostic plans, quotes and repair plans by determining the length of repair based on parts and labor availability.
- Reviews diagnostic plans, quotes and repair plans with the Service Supervisor prior to customer contact; works with the Service Supervisor to schedule shop job assignments.
- Develops positive relationships with key customers; resolves customer concerns regarding Cummins or distributor warranties; explain charges to customers.
- Monitors key performance metrics for the workshop, including labor productivity and customer satisfaction.
Education, Licenses, Certifications
- Channel Repair Process - QuickServe - Able to lead others in executing the QuickServe process. Demonstrate improvements using the QuickServe Customer Meter/Net Promoter Score data. Able to identify correlation between key service performance indicators and QuickServe Customer Meter to determine how well the process is being executed.
- Communication - Written and Verbal - Significant experience in written and verbal communication and should be capable of communicating effectively to all levels within and outside the company.
- Warranty / Administration Procedure - Comprehends, understands and carries out the guidelines as outlined in the Warranty Administration Manual. Has in depth understanding of Standard Repair Times, Cummins repair practices, QuickService Online and Cummins engines. Has knowledge of the claim payment process.
- Focus on Customer Needs - Familiar with key Cummins customers. Knowledge would include business strategies, organizational structures, geographic footprints, financial results, internal processes, and primary needs for effective segmentation.
- Manage Execution - Solid understanding of how to manage execution. Manages the performance of self and others through the use of structured tools. Delegates effectively and regularly with solid support and follow through. Uses defined processes to manage execution.
- Attention to Details - Consistently demonstrates ability to work in a thorough and detailed manner. Provides accurate, consistent information on all documents. Achieves thoroughness and accuracy when accomplishing a task through concern for all the areas involved. Can model/coach this skill to others.
- Service Cross-Functional Knowledge - Basic understanding and awareness of service processes and tools. Aware of retail service processes and service support processes. Has basic knowledge of the Cummins Distributor/Field network.
- College or technical trade school or equivalent degree, or equivalent experience, required.
Cummins and E-verify
- Significant experience required.
At Cummins, we are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer dedicated to diversity in the workplace. Our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified persons without regard to race, gender, color, disability, national origin, age, religion, union affiliation, sexual orientation, veteran status, citizenship, gender identity and/or expression, or other status protected by law. Cummins validates right to work using E-Verify.
Cummins will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to confirm work authorization. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit www.dhs.gov/E-Verify .
Ready to think beyond your desk? Apply for this opportunity and start your career with Cummins today.
Not ready to apply but want to learn more? Join our Talent Community to get the inside track on great jobs and confidentially connect to our recruiting team: http://connect.find.ly/cummins
No, this isn't one of those ordinary jobs.