Otis Elevator Company, the world's largest company in the manufacture, maintenance and service of elevators, escalators, moving walkways and other horizontal transportation systems, has opportunities for individuals interested in technical Field Management positions.
The Boston office has an opening for an Otis Service Supervisor Trainee. You will be responsible to direct and supervise the performance of field operations for all Otis service operations. Areas of responsibility include:
- All field training including but not limited to safety and new product
- Quality assurance to Otis and the customer
- Route control and scheduling
- Improving efficiencies, safety, callback rates, and technical support
- Managing the expenditure of labor, materials and other assets
- Be an organized self-starter with excellent time and project management skills
- Possess a strong technical background
- Have prior supervisory/management experience leading a technical team, preferably in a union environment
- Have strong communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively with people at multiple levels within the organization
- Possess strong listening, interpersonal and communication skills
- Have the ability to interpret basic financial statements and grasp profit and loss accountability
- Be results oriented
- Have a customer focused outlook
- Be a team player
- Have the initiative and motivation to be successful in a demanding, technical environment
- Be energetic and enthusiastic
- Will demonstrate strength in business judgment and decision making
- Posses excellent computer skills with full control of the Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, Access, Power Point)
A bachelors degree in engineering, construction management or any related field experience preferred.
A little about us:
Otis Elevator Company is the world's largest manufacturer and maintainer of people-moving products, including elevators, escalators and moving walkways - a constant, reliable name for more than 160 years.