Johnson Controls is a global diversified technology and multi industrial leader serving a wide range of customers in more than 150 countries. Our 117,000 employees create intelligent buildings, efficient energy solutions, integrated infrastructure and next generation transportation systems that work seamlessly together to deliver on the promise of smart cities and communities. Our commitment to sustainability dates back to our roots in 1885, with the invention of the first electric room thermostat. We are committed to helping our customers win and creating greater value for all of our stakeholders through strategic focus on our buildings and energy growth platforms.
Service Technician Trainee - Burlingame, CA About the role:
Master Protection, LP dba FireMaster, an affiliate of SimplexGrinnell, a subsidiary of Johnson Controls, has an opening in our Burlingame, CA location for a Service Technician Trainee.
FireMaster is growing and offering huge opportunities for professional growth, and you can be a part of it. We are the leader in fire and life Safety support. Our work is vital - we sell, install, and service fire extinguishers and fire suppression systems and services. We offer our employees unequaled opportunities for career growth, respect for a job well done, and an outstanding array of benefits that go beyond medical and dental. If you're ready to make an impact, join FireMaster and protect what matters most.
Duties and Responsibilities to include but not limited to:
- Assist with the inspection and servicing of extinguishers and emergency light under the supervision of a certified professional. Maintain all required documentation associated with testing and maintenance.
- Carry extinguishers to a from service area
- Perform monthly extinguisher checks
- Track needed repairs, products required, and location inventory.
- Ship and receive, load and unload, deliveries from vendors, customers and technicians.
- Maintain logs for paperwork associated safety logs per customer requirements as well as for vehicles.
- Day to day housekeeping duties that include, but are not limited to, emptying trash, sweeping floors, vacuuming chemical, and other duties as determined by local management.
- Process technician orders including data entry into the system.
- Make local equipment deliveries
- Train to become a certified service technician
- Other duties as required.
Rewards and benefits
We'll expect a lot from you, but we'll also make sure we recognize and reward your contribution. And we'll always do everything we can to help you achieve a healthy work-life balance. Wherever you join us, you'll find we have a range of benefits and rewards designed to help you be at your best both in work and out of it. Job Qualifications:
Who we are looking for :-
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- A work history that demonstrates stability
- Must be computer literate in MS Outlook, Word, Excel and ERP systems.
- Possess strong communication and customer service skills.
- Must work independently with minimal supervision.
- Must have a valid driver's license that meets company requirements.
- Must be mechanically inclined with good manual dexterity.
- Must be able to lift 75+ pounds and able climb up and down stairs while carrying equipment etc.
A little about us:
Johnson Controls is a global diversified technology and industrial leader serving customers in more than 150 countries.