North Las Vegas, NV
JOB TITLE : Field Service Technician
REPORTS TO : Service Manager - Shop Foreman
HOURS AND PAY SCHEDULE : Normal hours are 7:00AM to 3:30 PM Monday through Friday. This position is non exempt.
JOB SUMMARY : This position is of the Journeyman level skill. Requires individual to work under the supervision of the Service Manager and closely with the Service Advisor. Individual will receive work assignments and schedule on a daily basis. Perform assigned tasks per schedule and process all required documentation.
TYPICAL RESPONISIBILITIES :
- Perform repairs to customer's equipment at customer locations.
- Fill out required field reports, track travel time, document time on jobs.
- Prepare for field service jobs by loading required materials and parts to perform work at customer location.
- Keep log books current if driving a commercial vehicle.
- Perform pre trip vehicle inspection on daily basis before leaving shop.
- Interface with customers at customer location; provide copy of field report to customer. Advise customer of job status before leaving customer location.
- Advise Service Manager or Service Advisor of any issues or complications while in the field.
- Diagnose and perform repairs.
- Inspect customer's equipment to determine if additional work is required.
- Complete repairs as outlined with efficiency and accuracy.
- Save and tag parts per factory warranty guidelines if a warranty repair.
- Create parts list for required repairs.
- Read and understand electrical, hydraulic and pneumatic schematics and drawings.
- Notify Service Manager or Service Advisor if additional work is required or items listed on service order are not needed.
- Notify Service Manager or Service Advisor if repairs cannot be completed within time frame promised.
- Perform work at HEC shop when field service jobs are complete.
- Keep service vehicle clean, organized and ensure all equipment on service vehicle is in proper operating condition.
- Maintain accurate vehicle parts inventory.
- Keep up to date with factory training, tech tips and service bulletins.
- Follow all company safety policies and procedures, report any safety issues and accidents to manager.
QUALIFICATIONS : 2-5 years experience working on hydraulic, pneumatic and electrical systems or heavy equipment maintenance experience. Ability to diagnose and troubleshoot equipment systems. Ability to identify component failures, worn or damaged parts and perform quality repairs. Ability to communicate clearly with customers and answer customers questions. Ability to work independently, perform multi tasks and follow through. Maintain a professional appearance and represent the company in a professional manner.
A little about us:
For nearly 70 years, Manpower’s mission is to provide job seekers with meaningful career opportunities.