Johnson Controls is a global diversified technology and multi industrial leader serving a wide range of customers in more than 150 countries. Our 130,000 employees create intelligent buildings, efficient energy solutions, integrated infrastructure and next generation transportation systems that work seamlessly together to deliver on the promise of smart cities and communities. Our commitment to sustainability dates back to our roots in 1885, with the invention of the first electric room thermostat. We are committed to helping our customers win and creating greater value for all of our stakeholders through strategic focus on our buildings and energy growth platforms.
Master Protection, LP dba FireMaster, an affiliate of Tyco SimplexGrinnell, a subsidiary of Johnson Controls, has an opening in our Santa Fe Springs, CA location for a Service Technician II. FireMaster is growing and offering huge opportunities for professional growth, and you can be a part of it. We are the leader in fire and life Safety support. Our work is vital - we sell, install, and service fire extinguishers and fire suppression systems and services. Key Responsibilities:
- Install, inspect, service and repair suppression product lines to include fire extinguishers, exit lights and pre-engineered kitchen hoods in accordance with FireMaster and manufacturer's recommendations.
- Maintain and grow a route, servicing existing customers as well as cold calling new prospective customers for these product lines.
Who we're looking for:
Rewards and benefits
- The right candidate will be a motivated self starter who can work at a high level with minimal supervision.
- Dual certification fire extinguisher technician license and Ansul kitchen certification.
- 5+ yrs experience.
- Must be organized and have good written and verbal skills.
- This person must have a valid driver's license with a good driving record and be able to lift 75 lbs. on a regular basis and be mechanically inclined as well as dexterous.
- Must possess required permits, a minimum of a Fire Extinguisher Permit required. Pre-engineered Permit a PLUS
- The ability to follow manufacturer's manuals and national standards and the neat completion of paperwork are musts for this position.
- Must have a high school diploma or equivalent and be able to pass a background check and drug screen.
We'll expect a lot from you, but we'll also make sure we recognize and reward your contribution. And we'll always do everything we can to help you achieve a healthy work-life balance. Wherever you join us, you'll find we have a range of benefits and rewards designed to help you be at your best both in work and out of it.
A little about us:
Johnson Controls is a global diversified technology and industrial leader serving customers in more than 150 countries.