Service TechnicianWhat you will do
• Follow prescribed troubleshooting procedures and refer to technical manuals, part manuals, change notices and bulletins, modification notices, etc. to repair equipment.
• Service, troubleshoot, and install fire alarm systems and special hazard fire protection systems utilizing gaseous agents.
• Read and interpret blueprints, diagrams, submittals, specifications software/systems, programs, schematics and operational product manuals.
• Exhibit effective customer service skills by consistently communicating with staff and customers to ensure customer satisfaction.
• Complete Service Acknowledgements with proper coding through communication devices such as smart phones and laptop computers.
• Obtain customer signature upon completed service call assignment.
• Available for on-call emergency service.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
How you will do it
Service Technicians diagnose problems and perform service and repairs on electronic fire alarm systems and other related building system products at customer sites. What we look for
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- Experience with CCTV, card access
- Knowledge of test equipment, multi-meter, digital analyzer, and commissioning devices.
- Experience installing, inspecting, repairing, and programming fire alarm panels and fire suppression systems.
- Computer literate.
- Ability to follow verbal and written instructions.
- Capable of performing physical labor to include carrying and moving equipment and tools up to 50-70 lbs.
- Able to work in unusual and sometimes difficult position such as climbing ladders, scaffolding and high lift equipment up to 40 feet, working within ducts, crawl spaces, above ceilings, etc.
- Ability to work flexible hours including weekends to meet customer requirements.
- Overnight travel may be required.
- Demonstrate a high level of customer service.
- Maintain truck inventory to ensure timely response to customer needs.
- Ability to adhere to, implement, and follow safety guidelines and procedures at all times.
- Strong organizational skills, positive attitude, and an ability to learn quickly.
- Possess a valid driver's license and driving record that meets company requirements.
- Able to pass a pre-employment background and drug test.
- Retain any licenses that are required by National, State and Local codes.
Who we are
- 5 years documented experience in low voltage electrical systems preferred.
- Familiarity with clean agent systems preferred. Fike, Fenwal, Kidde, or Ansul a plus.
At Johnson Controls, we're shaping the future to create a world that's safe, comfortable and sustainable. Our global team creates innovative, integrated solutions to make cities more connected, buildings more intelligent and vehicles more efficient. We are passionate about improving the way the world lives, works and plays. The future requires bold ideas, an entrepreneurial mind-set and collaboration across boundaries. You need a career focused on tomorrow. Tomorrow needs you.
Johnson Controls is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you are an individual with a disability and you need an accommodation during the application process please email SpecialAccommodations@Tyco.com .
We’re shaping the future. Together, let’s make a world that’s safe, comfortable and sustainable. Tomorrow needs you.