Job Description: A world of opportunity awaits you
Service Technician IV - Seattle, WA
As the leader in the fire protection and security industry, we've been keeping homes and buildings safe for decades. But we're always looking for ways to do more. And as we look to make our systems and technologies even smarter and more connected, it's vital that we have talented Installation and Service Technicians on hand to make sure our solutions are always at their best.
This is your opportunity to make a contribution to the world around you, to add real value to our customers, and to help us deliver solutions that will have a lasting impact. About the role:
Job Qualifications: Who we're looking for:
- Service Technicians diagnose problems and perform service and repairs on electronic fire alarm systems and other related building system products at customer sites.
- Follow prescribed troubleshooting procedures and refer to technical manuals, part manuals, change notices and bulletins, modification notices, etc. to repair equipment.
- Service, troubleshoot, and install fire alarm systems and special hazard fire protection systems utilizing gaseous agents.
- Read and interpret blueprints, diagrams, submittals, specifications software/systems, programs, schematics and operational product manuals.
- Exhibit effective customer service skills by consistently communicating with staff and customers to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Complete Service Acknowledgements with proper coding through communication devices such as smart phones and laptop computers.
- Obtain customer signature upon completed service call assignment.
- Available for on-call emergency service.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- 5 years documented experience in low voltage electrical systems.
- Experience in reading and interpreting blueprints, submittals, and operational/product manuals.
- Knowledge of test equipment, multi-meter, digital analyzer, and commissioning devices.
- Experience installing, inspecting, repairing, and programming fire alarm panels and fire suppression systems.
- Familiarity with clean agent systems preferred. Fike, Fenwal, Kidde, or Ansul a plus;
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- Ability to follow verbal and written instructions.
- Capable of performing physical labor to include carrying and moving equipment and tools up to 50-70 lbs.
- Able to work in unusual and sometimes difficult position such as climbing ladders, scaffolding and high lift equipment up to 40 feet, working within ducts, crawl spaces, above ceilings, etc
- Ability to work flexible hours including weekends to meet customer requirements.
- Overnight travel may be required.
- Demonstrate a high level of customer service.
- Maintain truck inventory to ensure timely response to customer needs.
- Ability to adhere to, implement, and follow safety guidelines and procedures at all times.
- Strong organizational skills, positive attitude, and an ability to learn quickly.
- Possess a valid driver's license and driving record that meets company requirements.
- Able to pass a pre-employment background and drug test.
- Retain any licenses that are required by National, State and Local codes.
- Knowledge of applicable NFPA standards.
- NICET III preferred in the subfield of Special Hazard Systems or Level III in subfield of Fire Alarm.
Tyco's mission is to advance safety and security by finding smarter ways to save lives, improve businesses and protect the places where people live and work. Our products and solutions help to protect:
- 80% of the world's top 200 retailers
- More than 1,000,000 fire fighters around the world
- 90% of the top 50 oil and gas companies
- 300 international airports
- 100+ major stadiums around the world
- Most of the Fortune 500
- 50% of US universities
- Nearly 3 million commercial, government and residential customers
Rewards and benefits:
We'll expect a lot from you, but we'll also make sure we recognize and reward your contribution. And we'll always do everything we can to help you achieve a healthy work-life balance. Wherever you join us, you'll find we have a range of benefits and rewards designed to help you be at your best both in work and out of it.
A world of opportunity awaits you at http://www.tyco.com/careers
A little about us:
Johnson Controls is a global diversified technology and industrial leader serving customers in more than 150 countries.