Johnson Controls is a global diversified technology and multi industrial leader serving a wide range of customers in more than 150 countries. Our 117,000 employees create intelligent buildings, efficient energy solutions, integrated infrastructure and next generation transportation systems that work seamlessly together to deliver on the promise of smart cities and communities. Our commitment to sustainability dates back to our roots in 1885, with the invention of the first electric room thermostat. We are committed to helping our customers win and creating greater value for all of our stakeholders through strategic focus on our buildings and energy growth platforms.
As the leader in the fire protection and security industry, we've been keeping homes and buildings safe for decades. But we're always looking for ways to do more. And as we look to make our systems and technologies even smarter and more connected, it's vital that we have a talented team on hand to make sure our solutions are always at their best. We are currently looking to hire a Service Technician Journeyman. Key Responsibilities:
Job Qualifications: Who we're looking for:
- Perform service and new installation commissioning activities on fire alarm, access control, CCTV, intrusion alarm and intercom systems
- Supervise and inspect the installation of equipment to meet customer expectations and manufacturer specifications
- Field coordination and communication, system programming, commissioning, AHJ testing and training on new system installations
- Evaluate and diagnose equipment that requires servicing as well as troubleshooting potential field wiring problems
- Provide specific solutions and recommendations to customers on the most efficient and cost effective method in restoring a specific system back to normal condition
- Manage assigned Electronic Systems service calls in regards to field labor hours estimated
- Customer satisfaction through coordination, response to customer requests and problems and clear communication skills
- Prepare reports on daily activities
- May be required to work overtime
- Read and understand complicated blueprints, diagrams, schematics, submittals, software/system programs, and operation/product manuals
- Required to lift and or carry equipment and tools, which may be over forty (40) pounds Working environment may involve climbing ladders and scaffoldings with equipment, upwards to forty (40) feet Capable of working in cramped workspaces such as ducts, crawl spaces, above ceilings, etc.
- Must adhere to all OSHA and JCI safety policies and procedures
- Complete mileage and monthly vehicle reports in a timely manner
Rewards and benefits
- 2-5 years' experience with installation and service of fire alarm, access control, CCTV, intrusion and intercom systems
- Demonstrate working knowledge of electricity and electronics In addition, demonstrate an aptitude for troubleshooting systems and performing necessary repairs
- Ability to effectively work independently
- Demonstrate a high level of customer service
- Be able to carry and move equipment/tools weighing up to 40 pounds
- Minimum high school/trade school graduate, military, or two year Associate degree in a technical field involving electronics or computers
- Working knowledge of personal computers (Windows 2000, XP, Windows 7) and Microsoft's suite of Office software
- Working knowledge of IT network systems
- Ability to use hand and power tools and test equipment such as multi-meters, oscilloscopes, digital analyzers, battery analyzers, frequency meters, decibel meters and communication devices as required
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to read and understand complex building architectural, mechanical and electrical documents, as well as project plans, specifications, schedules and equipment installation/operation/troubleshooting manuals
- NICET Level II certification in Fire Alarm desired, but not required If not already NICET certified, will need to obtain Level II certification within 6 months of date of hire
We'll expect a lot from you, but we'll also make sure we recognize and reward your contribution. And we'll always do everything we can to help you achieve a healthy work-life balance. Wherever you join us, you'll find we have a range of benefits and rewards designed to help you be at your best both in work and out of it.
A little about us:
Johnson Controls is a global diversified technology and industrial leader serving customers in more than 150 countries.