West Creek 4 (12074), United States of America, Richmond, Virginia
Service Transition Lead
The Service Transition Lead provides the method for a project to engage with the Support teams and to help ensure that they deliver quality solutions that support a consistently excellent end customer experience. The Transition Lead acts as Support stakeholder in the project and is accountable for ensuring that the Support requirements are captured, delivered and tested as well as driving a high quality go/no go discussion. The Transition Lead also ensures that the wider Support community are engaged in the project, performing their delivery accountabilities and that the project has a smooth journey to production. The Transition Lead role is a key role in how we deliver quality solutions into production for internal associates.
Reporting to the Director of Service Desk & Smart Support, you will be responsible for:
- Quality of delivery and successful transfer to support for new and changed services in line with ITIL best practice.
- You will liaise between business owners, project managers, design teams, operations teams, and our partners / supplier communicating between all key stakeholders to ensure the smooth and successful implementation of new services, executed to high quality standards.
- You will ensure Service Management procedures are established and documented that align with ITIL best practice, and provide the capability to measure, and maintain performance of the service post launch to promote continual improvement.
- Be part of the Service Operations function which is responsible for end-to-end Service Management processes in collaboration with multiple partners and suppliers.
- Liaising with internal technical subject matter experts and business owners of key platforms and processes you will ensure end to end Service Assurance requirements are met.
- Ensure new Services have a fully developed end-to-end support structure, including Processes, SLAs, KPIs, WLAs and OSS monitoring commensurate with business requirements and priorities.
- Act as a gate keeper function that ensures effective transfer to support in compliance with the Service Readiness Process (SRP) for all new services introduced via the business project lifecycle.
- Provide fully documented services, which are updated and maintained throughout the life of the service and are aligned to ITILv3 best practice.
- Ensure effective de-commissioning of services that are deemed `end of life` - to confirm the remove of all operational facilities, and redundant equipment, whilst ensuring any operational dependencies are effectively managed
- Ensure that appropriate lifecycle resourcing, training, tooling, support and documentation is delivered with a formal project sign-off from all key stakeholders.
- Represent the Operations team at all project meetings to define and implement service acceptance criteria for both new and changing services.
- Work with Project Managers, Business Owners, Service Owners, Managed Service Partners, Operations teams and 3rd parties to ensure that projects are delivered in compliance with the SRP.
- Ensure that any new 3rd party contracts contain an agreed support schedule which aligns with the proposed support model and is backed up with SLAs managed through regular service reviews.
- Interface with the Project Support Office to ensure adequate Service Transition and Back Office Operations Team coverage across all relevant work requests.
- Define and deliver the end to end support model with all key stakeholders across multiple delivery organizations
- Ensure all operational support material is completed to a high standard by all relevant Design and Service Transition functions.
- Ensure training requirements and any other non-functional requirements are defined and delivered against the agreed Service Acceptance Criteria.
- Ensure an effective set of performance metrics and service levels are delivered for new services.
- Participate in end to end stakeholder groups to improve the efficiency of future deliveries and processes.
- Identify and manage Operations risks to ensure a successful transition to service.
- Provide Governance of the SRP, and Sign Off for all key project stages and artefacts
- Commitment to service excellence and customer experience
- Flexibility in a rapidly changing and developing environment
- Bachelor's Degree or military experience
- At least 5 years of Telecommunications experience or at least 5 years of IT industry experience
- At least 1 year of experience designing support models for services and platforms over their entire lifecycle
- At least 1 year of project management experience
- ITIL certification
- 1+ years of Agile experience
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.