Cummins Sales & Service has supplied service and support to the Pacific Northwest and Alaska for more than 70 years as the authorized distributor of Cummins products and services. A commitment to excellence is deeply rooted in our tradition of exceptional service. Our employees are dedicated to delivering the "Best Every Time, Every Day" with the goal of earning customers for life!
We take pride in providing an unmatched high caliber of service and support for Cummins engines, generators, filters, and related products that serve the varied needs of our territory. Crucial to accomplishing this is the energy and commitment of Cummins employees to the company but also to the communities in which we work and live.
We have an exciting opportunity in Spokane, Washington for a service writer that is frontline position responsible for delivering dependable solutions through Customer Support Excellence by offering a parts and/or service event for the customer solution. Other duties include:
- Assisting Service Supervisor with the supervision of Technicians
- Coordinating and scheduling Technician work schedules.
- Communicating repair plans to Technicians aligned with customer quotes
- Assisting Service Supervisor with monitoring Technician productivity and repair quality.
- Understanding and modeling Cummins values.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and ever changing environment.
- Ability to multitask and deliver on KPI's.
- Initiates contact with the customer either in person or over the telephone.
- Schedules customer work for Power Gen and Engine Field Service.
- Performs Customer Interview utilizing BMS and Field Aware.
- Manages the work order, including customer contact during the diagnostic, quoting, repair and invoicing (or claim creation) processes and ensures that all applicable SRTs are built in the job plan.
- Conveys parts needs by name or P/N to the Parts Professional.
- Use QuickServe Online for Parts lookup, Service and Warranty Manuals and information
- Utilize the Power Generation and Cummins Parts Catalogs, Fleetguard Cross Reference.
- Actively involved in service center marketing and up selling.
- Complies and promotes all safety policies and procedures at all times
- Performs other service or parts front counter-related duties as may be assigned.
To succeed in this role, the ideal candidate will have the following qualifications:
- Excellent verbal communication skills with external and internal customers.
- Experience necessary in handling customers in a courteous and professional manner.
- Analysis/problem solving with basic knowledge of diesel engine technology
- PC skills for written communications.
- Demonstrates team leadership and motivates others in a team environment.
- Demonstrates commitment to and creative thinking for continuous improvement.
- Ability to develop and maintain a good business relationship with internal and external stakeholders.
- Demonstrates ability to initiate, expedite and follow through to task completion.
- Ability to positively react to change in environment, processes and people.
- Ability to perform quick decisions, have a decision making process in place.
- Minimum high school graduate or equivalent.
Compensation and benefits
Hourly wage commensurate with experience plus bonus. Additional benefits vary between locations and include options such as our 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan, Cash Balance Pension Plan, Medical/Dental/Life Insurance, Health Savings Account, Domestic Partners Coverage and a full complement of personal and professional benefits.
Cummins and E-verify
At Cummins, we are dedicated to diversity in the workplace and our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified persons without regard to race, age, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression or other status protected by law.
Cummins validates right to work using E-Verify. Cummins will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to confirm work authorization.
Ready to work with ground-breaking products and technology? Apply for this opportunity to start your career with Cummins today.
Not ready to apply but want to learn more? Join our Talent Community to get the inside track on great jobs and confidentially connect to our recruiting team: http://connect.find.ly/cummins .
No, this isn't one of those ordinary jobs.